We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something quiet, near the beach for around 2000BHT/night?

Which Ko Chang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok
1 post
Save Topic
Something quiet, near the beach for around 2000BHT/night?

As above really, we are looking for something quiet for 3 days of doing nothing besides staring into the sea and eating seafood. My partner is Thai and we have had problems before with drunk falang and little kids bothering "her" before at beach resorts in Phuket so we would like something that's adults only or unlikely to have families

Thanks for any help

Chai Chet, Klong...
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Something quiet, near the beach for around 2000BHT/night?

I think for that price, anywhere on the island, you're likely to have some kids around. Only the cheap beach bungalows are likely to be kids-free zones. Mostly, it depends on the time of year you're visiting. Should be fairly kids-free throughout September and October though. I think the Swedes have a long school holiday in November (as do the Thais?).

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
3,934 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Something quiet, near the beach for around 2000BHT/night?

Well well...chai chet! You should know Thai school holidays are October. Now Chai chet is next to.....Coconut bungalows! 2,400 baht gets you a great room in their new "balinese" style block on Klong phrao beach. 1,500 air-con huts right on the beach too (less they have knocked those down!).

Chai Chet, Klong...
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Something quiet, near the beach for around 2000BHT/night?

knock one third / one half off those prices at this time of year, and yes, the bungalows are still there, I guess as you remember them.

The Chai Chet resort is right now a building site - a new restaurant and swimming pool are under construction. Still open though, and good rooms but not on the sandy part of the beach.

4. Re: Something quiet, near the beach for around 2000BHT/night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 23:19