We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Klong Prao beach bungalow

UK
9 posts
Save Topic
Klong Prao beach bungalow

Hi

Myself and husband thinking of going to Ko Chang end of Jan. We are looking for beach bungalow (actually on the beach!) on a flashbacker budget! I have looked at a few options but need advice. We woud like to stay somewhere smallish with nice beach on Klong Prao...............any suggestions greatfully recieved.

essex
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Klong Prao beach bungalow

my partner and me were staying just down the beach at paradise resort(exellent) and looked at klong proa resort and were impressed with what we saw and price is very good.the beach is beautiful.we were there back in july and we will be back on koh chang and staying at klong prao in dec,we love the island.if you want to spend a bit more paradise resort is fantastic and beach front bungalows are steps from the lovely beach and grounds and service are very good.good bars and resturants are very close by and we rented motorcycle to get around the island.good bar and resturant is the traveller,gino the owner is really nice and food nice and good value.its close to paradise resort.renting motercycle go to cowboy.also near paradise resort.if i can help u with anything else,let us know.martin.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,654 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Klong Prao beach bungalow

How flash is your flashpacking budget? There's not a lot of places to stay that aren't wither nice new resorts or wooden huts on Klong Prao. But for somewhere cheaper than Klong Prao Resort see Cocnut Beach Resort, they have bungalows on the beach or Chai Chet bungalows - just off the beach at the very north end of the beach.

UK
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Klong Prao beach bungalow

Many thanks for your advice Martin, its great to hear you had a good time. Ian m y budget is tops 3000 bht, I think coconut resort will fit my requirements as Paradise resort is a bit pricey over new year... Is ko Mak really quiet and bars/resturant close around 9-10 pm? over new year, as thinking about staying but no sure . stayed on Railey last year and everything closed early, we kept missing dinner as the kitchen closed at 8.45pm we had to go to the other side of the Island and join the backpackers,which was cheap and fun! (we are in our late 20's) thanks for your help

Chai Chet, Klong...
Level Contributor
306 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Klong Prao beach bungalow

Hi, for under 3000 you may get a room at either the Koh Chang Resort and Spa, or Klong Prao Resort. Either Royal Coconut or Coconut Beach, or Chai Chet resort will be around 2000. I can enquire about availability for you if you PM me.

5. Re: Klong Prao beach bungalow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 12:16