We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From bangkok to koh chang next week

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
48 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
From bangkok to koh chang next week

Hi everyone,

I have tried searching but im getting awfully confused here..

we are arriving in bkk on wed 13th feb, we only have 7 nights and last time i was here i loved koh chang... so i thought i would take new bf to see the gorgeous part of Thailand.

i just have a few q's...

what is the cheapest way to get to koh chang. we have the first night in bkk and then 5 nights in koh chang and then 1 more night in bkk.

i am assuming we can get a bus from bkk to koh chang. where do we go and how much is it and how long does it take?

Also i am looking at staying at the koh chang Kacha Resort and Spa... good idea??

Chai Chet, Klong...
Level Contributor
318 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: From bangkok to koh chang next week

cheapest comfortable way is to take the 999 bus to Laem Ngop which stops at Ao Thamachat pier. It leaves from Ekamai at 7:45 and 9:45 daily. costs around 220 baht.

From either Ekamai or Morchit there are many other buses that go to Trat for less dosh, but you'll then have a 50 baht taxi ride to a pier for Koh Chang.

2. Re: From bangkok to koh chang next week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 00:17