We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Koh Chang??

england
6 posts
Save Topic
Where to stay in Koh Chang??

Have just boooked flights to Thailand for next Easter. Travelling with partner and 2 children aged 8 and 9. Where is the best resort to stay in Koh Chang? Need a pool and good sandy beach-plus a room to accomodate 2 adults and 2 children!

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Koh Chang??

Give Amari Emerald Cove, Paradise Resort & KC Grande Resort a Google and see what you think. They are all good resorts suitable for kids who like to run around. But not sure if they allow 2 kids in a room. You might find that you need to compromise the quality of hotel to get one where you can get everyone in the room.

Koh Chang
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Koh Chang??

I know 2 places which you can stay in the same room.

First is Koh Chang Kacha Resort & Spa ( White Sand Beach )

it's Bungalow 2 double beds and 1 bath room on the beach front

or you can stay in the hotel with connecting room.

And another one is Alina Grande Resort ( White Sand Beach )but, here is the hotel and not on the beach side !

Most of the hotels on Koh Chang have the policy for child like this

**Child Policy, normally under 12 years old child and stay same room with parents one child per room with out extra charge but some resort will be charge for just compulsary breakfast.

For more information, you can check it at www.kochangthailand.info

england
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Koh Chang??

Hi

Thanks for those suggestions-a little pricey. We have decided to stay on White sands beach- ideally a bungalow with separete bedroom/sofa bed in lounge for kids- any ideas???? A pool would be good too for kids. Seems to be a struggle to find anything suitable. Any suggestions much appreciated.

A fiend suggested Noren Resort in klong prao which is reasonable but wondering if too far out of White sands or too quiet?

thanks.

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Koh Chang??

Noren is a nice new resort by the roadside at the southern end of Klong Prao. Swedish owned ( I think) But not by the sea & no sea view. It's about 5 minutes walk to the beach if you take a shortcut through Blue Lagoon Bungalows.

For cheap rooms on White Sand try Alina Grande - they have large family rooms at a sensible price. 50 metres from the sea. Or Island Lodge - also large family rooms 200 metres off the main road in a quiet area.

knebworth
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Koh Chang??

15 palms is great for kids, it's on white sands beach, and room a (right on the beach) where i stayed had large double bed and a large kind of 4 poster daybed ideal for kids to share (as long as they get on!:)) I can't remember the exact price but it's clean and has everything you need and will be nowhere near as pricey as the Amari. There is no pool, but their sister resort Paddy's Palms has a free shuttle bus and they have a great pool.

england
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Koh Chang??

Hi, Thanks for those suggestions. I've looked st 15 palms but on travel fish website it says that it can be affected by a sewage pipe running next to hotel!!!! CAn anyone who has been here let me know if this is the case!!!

Thanks

knebworth
Level Contributor
14 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Koh Chang??

i'v stayed there myself this year and last. i think this 'sewage pipe' might be the river that does flow down from the jungle now and again. i could be wrong, but i'm not aware of a sewage pipe! :)

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,886 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay in Koh Chang??

Yes, not (supposedly) a sewage pipe. More of a small river / run off that lies under a short public walkway to the beach from the main road. But in the high season it fills with garbage and does start to smell a bit. However, I'm sure that if any of the nearby businesses thought it negatively impacted their trade they would clean it up a bit. ( There again, possibly not )

9. Re: Where to stay in Koh Chang??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 01:22
Get answers to your questions about Ko Chang
Recent Conversations