We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

koh chang wedding

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
koh chang wedding

Hey,

My fiancee and I are planning to get married in Koh Chang in december, 2011, and were wondering if we could get some advice on a few things:

1. We want a location where guests can enjoy a great hotel, nice beach, and still walk to shops, restaurants etc.

2. Recommendations for a nice hotel to host the wedding.

3. Whats the expenses like in Koh Chang, been to Phuket and found everything so overpriced compared to Bangkok, Pattaya and Chiang Mai.

4. What are the best travel options for guest to get to Koh chang from Bangkok.

Thankyou Heaps,

Viktoria

Mentioned in this post
Koh Chang Resort
Koh Chang Resort
133 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: koh chang wedding

1) Maybe KC Grande at White Sand beach or a hotel on Klong Prao beach or possibly in Kai Bae.

2) Hotel depends on your budget. Any hotel will organise a wedding for you. See the reviews on this site and others and decide on a hotel. The hotel will organise the wedding on the beach nearby.

3) Koh Chang isnt as expensive as Phuket for sure. But prices on most islands are higher than on the mainland. Also, Koh Chang is relatively undeveloped compared to Pattaya or Chiang Mai so you wont get the variety of shops, services, restaurants etc that you do there.

You are leaving it a bit late if you want to find a good rooms for December. A lot of the better value accommodation will have already been booked.

4) See the FAQs at the top right of this page. You can take the bus, private transfer or fly on Bangkok Airways to Trat. The best way depends on your budget and number of people.

Answers to other questions you will ask . . .

There aren't any proper wedding planners here, but you will see hotels offer packages for weddings or blessings - which is what most are as there is no real point getting legally married in Thailand, people just want a few monks and photos on the beach.

If you need a photographer most big hotels have their own or you will find people on Koh Chang with a fancy camera who can be hired to do the job for you.

( A few months ago I got asked to write the blessings for a wedding that was held at a resort on Klong Prao beach. One of the hotel staff who looked respectable & spoke pretty good English was given the job of blessing the Western couple. He had no idea what to say and also had to pretend to be Christian and so I ended up cutting and pasting some blessing i found online into a word doc for him to read out. Went OK apparently. One happy couple now has lots of wedding photos with one of the hotel accounting staff dressed in a black suit and holding a bible. )

Mentioned in this post
KC Grande Resort & Spa
KC Grande Resort & Spa
1,089 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
1,669 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
Kai Bae Beach
Kai Bae Beach
541 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
Koh Chang Resort
Koh Chang Resort
133 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Pattaya
Pattaya
Chonburi Province, Thailand
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai
Chiang Mai Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: koh chang wedding

Thank you so much for that information, I miswrote the date for the wedding, we are going over this year (first time to Koh chang) in december to plan for wedding for next dec 2012, but wanted to go over with some sort of plan in mind. That information is a big help. We were looking at Kc grande and Koh Chang paradise resort, as they are affordable for wedding budget, but seem quite nice. I have emailed them few days ago, but haven't heard back just yet.

Thank you again for taking time to write that.

Viktoria

Mentioned in this post
Koh Chang Resort
Koh Chang Resort
133 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
KC Grande Resort & Spa
KC Grande Resort & Spa
1,089 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
Koh Chang Paradise Resort & Spa
Koh Chang Paradise...
582 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
Sydney
Level Contributor
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: koh chang wedding

when is your wedding we are getting married on the 12.12.12

how are the plans going ?

any advice?

many thanks

timiny

Amphoe Ko Chang...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: koh chang wedding

Hi, My name is Jon and I am a professional wedding photographer on the Island of Koh Chang. If you need a photographer for your special day then have a look at my portfolio and if you like what I do then look no further. http://kohchang-photographer.com/

Look forward to hearing from you.

Mentioned in this post
Koh Chang Resort
Koh Chang Resort
133 Reviews
Ko Chang, Thailand
5. Re: koh chang wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2013, 10:16