We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

koh chang scooter hire

chester
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
koh chang scooter hire

We hired a scooter from George (swiss) at VJ plaza (north of Klong Prao). What a helpful guy. He supplied us with a nearly new scooter and helmets (now the law). We hired it for almost 2 weeks at 200baht a day.

We left a 3000baht deposit, otherwise he asks for some form of I'd to be left as security.

I am always a bit anxious about hiring from street side vendas, but this guy is excellent. Take the time to have a fab authentic pizza opposite his shop if you have the time.

Trat, Trat, Thailand
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: koh chang scooter hire

You're not the only on who has recommended that place or perhaps you are ;-) as the owner was caught out before pretending to be a customer tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g580110-i9814-k6…

On the plus side good you know renters can leave a cash deposit instead of a form of ID.

Edited: 07 April 2013, 08:23
Sankt-Peterburg
Level Contributor
104 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: koh chang scooter hire

Well, it is normal on Koh Chang

You can get price from 150 bath and more... without any franchises

I usually give my driving licence or copy of passport

If bike is not new just take some photo before first driving and you will be safe about any claims about condition of motorbike)

Wakefield...
Level Contributor
4 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: koh chang scooter hire

I have rented a scooter from the Lady who has an office across from Katcha Hotel at White Sand beach area. It is called "Freedom of Information". She also has a small office up the street. She just flips me the keys and I pay her when I am done. No passport or money down. She has many scooters to choose from. I have rented from her 3 different times. No problems ever.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
3,893 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: koh chang scooter hire

Sounds almost too good to be true...

5. Re: koh chang scooter hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 July 2014, 06:20