We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting to koh chang by taxi

Which Ko Chang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
getting to koh chang by taxi

HI..

i am planing to go to koh chang from bangkok suvrambhavi airport by taxi.. plz advise me which taxi should i take should i book taxi in advace or i can get a taxi from airport that will drop me at my hotel and how much will it cost? As private car on a website cost 4500 bth.. but i am travelling on budget so can i get taxi in less then 45oo???

plz help me out...

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting to koh chang by taxi

A public taxi will be cheaper. Around 3500 to the ferry pier. Or depending on when you are arriving, you could take a minibus from the airport to your hotel on Koh Chang for 400 Baht per person. Minibuses leave at 07:50, 11:00 & 14:00

Edited: 02 September 2013, 01:34
Karachi, Pakistan
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting to koh chang by taxi

Hi Ian thanks for info about taxi i already booked a transfer from bkk to koh chang through i am koh chang transport...

Please tell me one more thing that how much an average meal cost in road side restaurants on koh chang? especially on klong prao and bailan beach as i will be staying on centara tropicana and mercure hideaway resorts... and also tell me any good restaurants near these two hotels....

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting to koh chang by taxi

Hi Uzma, that was me you emailed about the transfer. :-)

For restaurants see:http://iamkohchang.com/restaurants/restaurant-guide.html some of my favourite places there.

You can get a bowl of noodles or simple Thai dish for around 40 baht in the small roadside restaurants.

4. Re: getting to koh chang by taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 04 October 2013, 17:35
new brunswick
Level Contributor
506 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: getting to koh chang by taxi

I have the same question, but my starting point is Pattaya.

So what option do I have from Pattaya to Koh Chang Hotel ?

Prefer to go the hotel rather than just the pier ?

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,643 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: getting to koh chang by taxi

Take a minibus. Seahorse Travel run minibuses that will pick you up from a hotel in Pattaya and drop you at a hotel on Koh Chang. Ticket price is 700 baht / person. Pick up time is quite early 7.30am or so. Also 35 Group run a similar minibus service - not sure of prices though.

Or pay for a private transfer / taxi which any tour agent in Pattaya can organise for you.

7. Re: getting to koh chang by taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2014, 05:18