We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best place for engagement?

Which Ko Chang hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Frankfurt, Germany
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
The best place for engagement?

Hi, I look for lovely, romantic place but with optimised level of privacy - to get engaged there.

Any ideas from romantic souls? I'll be there first time in fact.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
413 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best place for engagement?

I would recommend on your knees !!

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best place for engagement?

Guess it depends on what you & your girlfriend find romantic.

If you're into diving then an underwater proposal might be fun. If you like animals, you could get one of the elephant camps to write " Will you Marry Me" on the side of an elephant. Like hiking? - Do a trek to the top of a mountain and propose there. If you like adventure, paddle a kayak to a small island off Klong Prao / Kai Bae beaches and propose there.

Or rent a scooter or pick up truck and head to Long beach is the far south east of the island and you'll probably have an entire beach to yourself with, at the most, just a few other people there.

Frankfurt, Germany
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: The best place for engagement?

haha, I will I will :-D

Frankfurt, Germany
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: The best place for engagement?

Thanks, I like a lot your ideas ! In fact - we do all these "Stuff" snoorkle, do trek, and love fun with kayak. Is there any extreme charming bay, place to be worth considered? Far south seems interesting, too.

But my favourite idea is that one with snoorkling. Where are cool places there, without sharks? :-)

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The best place for engagement?

Sadly no 'Jaws' like sharks around. Just a few small harmless reef sharks. :-)

do a snorkelling trip with a dive school to the islands near Koh Rang. Then you wont be on a big boat with too many other people. And they'll have the waterproof board you can write on underwater. Plus they'll also be able to video your proposal for you if you arrange it in advance

6. Re: The best place for engagement?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 06:21