We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November Weather @ Ko Chang/Mak/Kut & Tips!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Topic
November Weather @ Ko Chang/Mak/Kut & Tips!

Hi there,

I want to go on one or two (or maybe 3?) islands from approximately Nov 6th to Nov 15th.

I am thinking about Ko Chang, Ko Mak and/or Ko Kut.

I am wondering about the weather at this time of the year... Should I wait before booking and maybe head to the west coast instead?

Also, which of these islands do you prefer? I don't want to go to too much touristy and overdevelopped places (hence why I don't want to go to Phuket) but don't mind id I'm not by myself.

I am planning on renting a motorbike, go from beach to beach, relax, and maybe party a bit in Chang? I am 32 year old, travelling alone, backpacking, mid-range budget, don't mind dorms also...

Thanks!

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,708 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: November Weather @ Ko Chang/Mak/Kut & Tips!

Weather should be fine. Hot & sunny here. Still some rain, but only at night and plenty of blue sky & very calm sea now.

Other islands are much quieter than Koh Chang. Good if you like to explore a bit by bicycle or scooter. See kohmak.com & destinationkohkood.com for info

Chai Chet, Klong...
Level Contributor
310 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: November Weather @ Ko Chang/Mak/Kut & Tips!

Hi no harm in heading to Chang then arranging resort bookings on mak/kood when you are here either with agents in Chang or internet. Likewise boat booking is simply made with agents when you are here. 4 services daily at that time.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: November Weather @ Ko Chang/Mak/Kut & Tips!

Thank you for your response!

So you advise me not to book in advance mak/kood accomodations?

You believe there will be some cheap (and nicely located) available places at this time of the year?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: November Weather @ Ko Chang/Mak/Kut & Tips!

@ Ian: thanks a lot for the websites and weather info!

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,708 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November Weather @ Ko Chang/Mak/Kut & Tips!

If there's a small place that you specifically want to stay at - i.e it gets good reviews, or is in all the guidebooks then it might be worth booking ahead as they will fill up first. But you wont have a problem finding a good place to stay in early - mid November.

6. Re: November Weather @ Ko Chang/Mak/Kut & Tips!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 04:18