We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honestly - is it a good choice ?

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
902 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
honestly - is it a good choice ?

mhm.......almost everything is prepared, tickets for flights from Europe to Laos and Thailand organized , plan of Laos trip done, hotels in Laos booked ....but....rapidly some confusions about our "beach" destination in Thailand for last week of our holidays...

Initially we planned to spend this week on Koh Chang Island, as we haven't been there , but now we don't know is it a good choice...as I am looking for hotels and nice beaches so after reading opinions abiut hotels I noticed first of all quite small numer of choices there, secondly in many cases when I have found a proper place it seems to be a beach which is not so close, which is rocky and not very interesting for swimming , prices of accomodations are probably higher than in other places ect. ect.....so really started to think is it a good choice. From weather point of view I know that it is ok and better than on KOh Samui, where in DECEMBER is not so great weather...but maybe other choices. We've been previously in Ao Nang (Krabi) so don;t wanna go there again. And what we are looking for ...? for nice, good beaches, good weather, good choice of accommodation (hotel or huts on the beach or bungalows - we are very flexible) close to local restaurants, local food, food stalls, food on the street, bars ect. Also good swimming conditions, snoorkeling ect....

So please goive me some ideas or just confirm that I don;t have to be afraid about ur 1st choice and Koh Chang is a good place...or tell me please that much better is go to ...XXX.... if we have got such expectations. Anyway we will be travelling from BKK so everywhere it is possible to go ....:) Thank you very much for help :)

Adam

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: honestly - is it a good choice ?

..Honestly, I don't know much about Koh Chang Island as I've never been there and don't have a plan to go there soon.

But If you aren't sure about your decision it maybe a sign that you are looking for something better, I guess.

I don't know if you have been to all the beaches in southern of Thailand or not. So I would like to bring up "Koh Lipe Island" and frankly I've never been there before LOL* but I always want to, just don't have a suitable chance yet.

It's just my two cents anyway ;)

Hope you have a very fabulous vacation in Thailand :)

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,688 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: honestly - is it a good choice ?

Prices on Koh Chang are higher because there's less accommodation than the busier islands and you are travelling at a busy time and so most of the good value rooms have been booked long ago. You're left with either the places that aren't in the best locations or those that are more expensive and/or worse value for money.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
902 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: honestly - is it a good choice ?

Ian ....thanks. And so what you can recommend ? Have a bit more worse accommodation and choose White Sands Beach or a bit better but far from the beach or maybe stay with that what we have now and it is ok ? Klong Prao beach or White Sands Beach is more beautifull and more "comfty" to swimm, enjoying sun, sands ect ?

Sorry for asking all the Times...but holidays so far from Europe are quite expansive so we would like to be over 100 % happy with our choice...

adam

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
3,183 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: honestly - is it a good choice ?

Koh Chang in December will be an excellent choice and White Sands Beach is a good choice of resort.

Plenty to do on this stunning island, lots of even nicer islands nearby and daily boat trips from Bang Bao. My opinion is Koh Chang is a very under rated island on TA.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
902 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: honestly - is it a good choice ?

Thanx ;)

6. Re: honestly - is it a good choice ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2014, 05:22