We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anybody knows of a quiet place in Koh Chang?

Oslo, Norway
2 posts
Save Topic
Anybody knows of a quiet place in Koh Chang?

I want to have a quiet holiday on my own without noisy bars, waterscooters etc and wonder where to go. Someone who was in Koh Chang years ago recommended Lonely Beach but I can read various places that it is not lonely and silent anymore.

I would like to live on a Nice quiet Beach, look for a medium class hotel or medium + and come from 13th until 21st of february.

Can anyone recommend me a place to go?

Koh Chang, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Chang, Ko Mak
Level Contributor
3,798 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anybody knows of a quiet place in Koh Chang?

Lonely beach hasn't been Lonely for a decade. Not somewhere to stay for a quiet time.

Try somewhere around the centre of Klong Prao beach. That is the quietest area of beach on the west coast.

Blue Lagoon bungalows at the south end of the beach on a small estuary are OK. For basic fan huts - KP Huts or Tiger Huts are laid back places to stay. No loud music or parties.

On the river estuary try Moley's Resort or Baan Talay ( next to Phu Talay Restaurant ) these are by the river - easy to paddle a canoe to the beach. we also have a guesthouse here but it;s full for the rest of the month. Very nice, quiet area to stay than most visitors to Koh Chang never see.

Or maybe White Sand Beach Resort, which is at the far northern end of White Sand beach, very quiet spot, 10 mins walk to the busier area. There are also some cheaper places to stay there too - Rock Sand is good, also Star beach, Pens bungalows, Independent Bo's & Maylamean - all in this area.

Oslo, Norway
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Anybody knows of a quiet place in Koh Chang?

Thank you very much! I will check out availability!

Ko Chang, Thailand
Level Contributor
195 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anybody knows of a quiet place in Koh Chang?

Medium, or medium + hotel, you could also try somewhere like Tropical Beach Resort on Bang Bao beach, at the end of the west coast, very very quiet, away from everything, medium price. Next door to it, Chivapuri is also nice but more expensive. Best if you ride a motorbike at this end so you can pop into Bang Bao for things, though the taxis are quiet reliable now and lots of people do walk.

On Kai Bae beach, KB Resort has all manner of rooms, on the southern end of the beach, quiet but is closer enough to the street for lots of restaurant choices in the evenings.

Lots of choices

Christy

4. Re: Anybody knows of a quiet place in Koh Chang?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 05:20