We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Managua airport to Granada?

SF
Level Contributor
34 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Managua airport to Granada?

Hi. I'm arriving at Managua airport and would like to go to Granada without going through Managua city itself. Does anyone know if there is any public transport that runs that route?

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Managua airport to Granada?

Most people take the way through Tipitapa, which does not go through Managua at all and it is faster, you will mek it to Granada in 45 minutes, if you need help arranging private transporation please email me.

Rodolfo

SF
Level Contributor
34 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Managua airport to Granada?

Cheers Rodolfo,

I was looking for bus transport in particular. Any information on such?

Is the only way to go through Tipitapa or can I find a direct route from Managua airport to Granada?

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Managua airport to Granada?

You can go in a taxi to the Uca stationa and from there catch a bus to Granada.

Rodolfo

Scottsdale, Arizona
Level Contributor
66 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Managua airport to Granada?

Try Oro Travel, they will pick you up at the airport and take you to Granada. They have excellent reviews. Going through Tipitapa is not a big deal. You won't even know our driving through it!

Granada
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Managua airport to Granada?

Outside the airport you can take a public bus with a sign Huembes-Tipitapa (3 cordobas) then in the bus station in Tipitapa take a bus to Masaya (10 cordobas) and finally a bus from Masaya to Granada (10 cordobas).The bus from Masaya to Granada will leave you in the market which is four blocks south from Granada central park. The buses will be a little bit crowded. Enjoy the culture.

houston
Level Contributor
138 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Managua airport to Granada?

Hi all, just started planning my first trip out there too. I was hoping to find out if taking a taxi from MGA to Granada and back (for just two people) is an option. Or if there are any shuttles that are available? I'm hoping to stay there for two days before heading to Corn Islands...

Houston
Level Contributor
155 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Managua airport to Granada?

Paxeos could be a good bet for you. They pick up you inside the airport terminal and can get you to Granada (or just about anywhere else). Call for reservations ahead of time: (505)831-9879, (505)552-8291, (505)465-1090.

Of course you could also decide that trying to avoid Managua isn't necessarily in your best interest, in which case you could use the mini-bus service that departs from the UCA campus.

Have fun!

M

Detroit
Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Managua airport to Granada?

Because we have a long flight and are getting in near 9 p.m. we are planning on staying the first night in Managua. What is the best way to arrange transportation from a hotel in Managua to Granada. Through our hotel in Granada, taxi from Managua, hotel in Managua, or some other service? And then a few days later to San Juan del Sur.

Germany
Level Contributor
66 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Managua airport to Granada?

If you need a privat transfer i recommend you cocopeli-tours. A little touroperator in Managua. They have fair rates and a personal service. Even think about to stay one night in Managua. There are nice hotels (example: www.lapyramidehotel.com)and a good nightlife. The next day you can start with a little tour through Managua on your way to Granada. (Viewpoint Tiscapa, old cathedral, national palace). if you need more informatione get in touch with them:

www.cocopeli-tours.com or cocopelitours@gmail.com

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
180 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel from Managua airport to Granada?

GrossePointeBlank - I would just go ahead and arrange an airport pickup with Oro Travel (information@orotravel.com) or Paxeos. It will only be an hour or a bit less (especially at that time of night)to Granada. You will wake up the next morning in the beautiful colonial city of Granada, and not some hotel in Managua with another transfer facing you.