We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from airport

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
294 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
from airport

I am confused about what is the best way to get from the airport to Granada? Bus or taxi? If bus..is there an express and non-express?

How do we get it and where?

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: from airport

You can get a shuttle service or you can get a private transfer with http://managuaairporttransfers

A licensed taxi will be about US$40 but they'll charge what they can get away with.

Richmond, VA
Level Contributor
294 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from airport

Thanks for the info! I guess you think arrange a shuttle or tax is better than the bus?

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: from airport

Definitely!

Using UCA buses between towns in day hours is fine though.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: from airport

I would tell you to just get a taxi. I agree that the going rate seems to be around $40 into Granada, but you can probably get them down to $35. We had booked a shuttle, which is more expensive and not necessary when there were so many taxis outside the airport.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
229 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from airport

We arrived at the airport expecting to use Paxios shuttle but it wasn't set to leave for another hour and a half, so we took a taxi into Granada. There are taxi drivers in the airport wearing red shirts and the girl at the information desk told me that they were the ones to use. It cost us about $35.00 and was nice because it was "door to door."

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: from airport

US$35 is a good price for a licensed taxi!

Paxeos is a good service but waiting around after a flight is the price you pay to save a bit of cash!

uk
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: from airport

im wondering can take my bike on the bus from granada airport , thanks :>)

8. Re: from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 03:17