We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

scooter rental in Granada

alberta
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
scooter rental in Granada

We just came back from Granada, Nicaragua and we did love it there. But there was an incident at a business that really ruined our day. We rented a scooter at Rider Mode Rental right on Calle La Calzada. It was only $20 but in very rough shape and worn out. My mistake was renting it after seeing it.

I tightened up the back brake before we left as it was non-functional and we were on our way. Well, long story short, we were 20 km's out of town on a highway and it broke down on us due to a wore out part, not abuse or any crashes. I managed to get it running well enough to make it back to Granada ( I have several motorcycles and do all my own repairs). My girlfriend was worried the place would try to charge us for the repair, I told her not to be rediculous but sure enough he tried, we argued but he spoke very little English.

He made a call and told me $200 for a cable (it's a $30 dollar part in Canada). I refused and he took me on the back of his bike to an English speaking companion he had, far away from where I felt safe (my mistake again, but I was determined not to pay for the repairs needed due to a complete lack of maintenance, I hate being ripped off)

It turned a little scary at that point as his buddy was telling me I had to pay and I refused. Finally after much arguing, I was still alive, and he agreed to give me my c.c. slip back. It should be noted that I presented myself very fairly and reasonable until they were refusing to give me my slip back.

So, my advice, don't rent one of their death traps.

1. Re: scooter rental in Granada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 12:20