We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Backpackers Inn - anybody know anything?

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newport, ky
Level Contributor
36 posts
Save Topic
Backpackers Inn - anybody know anything?

http://www.backpackers-inn.com/indexen.html

I stumbled across this website for The Backpackers Inn Hostel in Granada but I can't find any other information on this place anywhere on the internet. Does anybody know anything about it? Is it nice? How much does it cost? Good for the backpacker type? It looks nice based on the website but it's weird that there's absolutely nothing else out there about the place.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Backpackers Inn - anybody know anything?

It is very nice, i will say it is the best backpacker place that i have seen so far in Granada and the location is even better. Highly recommend it, i actually know people that work there and they showed me the rooms and dorms and they look good, if i am not mistaken i think it costs US#15.00 per night.

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Backpackers Inn - anybody know anything?

Recently opened, looks nice!

Granada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Backpackers Inn - anybody know anything?

Expensive for a backpacker place US$15.00 per person, you can a nice Hotel for US$ 30.00 per couple and a lot more private.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Backpackers Inn - anybody know anything?

A hotel for US$30.00 in Granada? Where is it? i do not think that you will be able to find one, hotels will at least start at US$45.00

san francisco...
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Backpackers Inn - anybody know anything?

Yes there is Hotel Kekoldi, Hotel Terrasol for US$30.00 plus tax, private bathroom, breakfast, cable tv and free wifi internet for a fan room. Also look for Hotel La pergola for deals with private bathroom ect.

Managua
Level Contributor
641 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Backpackers Inn - anybody know anything?

There are plenty of hotels for $30 on low season!

I think the $30 at Backpackers Inn is for a private room.

I'm sure if you pay cash you'd get it for $30 Inc tax!

I'd stay there or Kekoldi rather than Terrasol.

San Francisco, CA
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Backpackers Inn - anybody know anything?

I have family in Granada and have been there many many times. There are many hotels that you can find that are inexpensive, private, quite and in a good location. For example: Hotel Casa La Luna- its a new hotel which is located one block from the park. I believe there prices are from $15-25 for a private bedroom and bathroom, if im not mistaken. They as well have water tank and generator in case power or water goes out. I have personally visited and thought it was very nice and clean and great price compared to some others in Granada. There is also, Hostal San Angel about half a block from central park- this one seemed ok. there prices as well were about $15. I think that at both these places they have cheaper rates for shared rooms (more backpacker style). I also know that in granada you can find rooms with a/c for about $35-40.

I recommend finding a hotel that is close to central park that way you are closer to the center of town and in walking distance to a lot of things Granada has to offer.

San Francisco, CA
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Backpackers Inn - anybody know anything?

Also.. I have heard of backpackers inn, but don't know anything about it.

Granada, Nicaragua
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Backpackers Inn - anybody know anything?

Backpackers Inn is newest most beautiful conveniently priced hostel safest and most peaceful of Granada in the next week is opening Cafe Checho come and satisfy your pallate with the best blends of specialty coffees in Nicaragua.

You can find information in www.backpackers-inn.com and the mail backpackers_inn@hotmail.com

10. Re: Backpackers Inn - anybody know anything?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2011, 05:16