We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

opinion on these Hotels please

nc Coast
Level Contributor
301 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
opinion on these Hotels please

I would appreciate opinions on the following places to stay in Granada. I realize there is a difference in price and a couple do not have HW. I am more interested in the good and bad about their location ( safety day / night ), cleanliness, general vibe, and other reasons I should or should not consider one over the other. Experience with their wifi (good / bad ) would be nice. The good bad and ugly please!

Following is my wish list for a place to stay for < $50.00 :

"I am not out for a wild party but would like a place close to food and bars where it is ok to walk at night. Where I can meet other travelers without taking a taxi every time I walk out the door. I would like a private room with a private bath and hot water and WiFi, obviously something clean and safe. A pool would be a bonus but not necessary. "

1- Casa Vivaldi...leaning towards this one...how far is it to the park / bars / food areas?

2-Estancia Mar Dulce....can't find much on this one ...except was rated well in Moon guide

3-La Pergola

4-Terrasol

5-Hospedage Cociboica

6-Hotel Cociboica

7-Casa del Agua

Traveling end of Jan 2011.

Thanks,

TR

Mentioned in this post
Casa Vivaldi
Casa Vivaldi
41 Reviews
Granada, Nicaragua
Estancia Mar Dulce
Estancia Mar Dulce
23 Reviews
Granada, Nicaragua
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: opinion on these Hotels please

Terrasol is great - I've stayed there twice. It's on a safe and quiet street just a 1/2 block off Calle Xalteva and a 5 min walk to the square

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: opinion on these Hotels please

I would second the recommendation on Terrasol. As mentioned, on a quiet and safe street, yet convenient to the square. Great Nicaraguan couple who own it and since they lived in the States for many years speak English and Spanish fluently.

Generally comfortable rooms, only 2 items to consider: 1) all guest rooms are up at least one flight of stairs, only a problem if you have difficulty climbing stairs, and 2) bathroom - while modern and private- only have cool water. When I was there in March/April, not a problem to take a cool shower. My understanding is when the couple was having the place built unfortunately they were not yet physically there to ensure both hot and cold water spigots were installed. At this point, far too expensive to rip up bathrooms again. Cleanliness not an issue here and they offer nice meals in the dining area on the first floor.

Wifi was available at least in the lobby area...

For the downside on hot water I would still highly consider it.

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,227 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: opinion on these Hotels please

I will reommend Casa Silas B&B has one of the best ratings on tripadvisor. www.casasilas.com

Mentioned in this post
Casa Silas B & B
Casa Silas B & B
321 Reviews
Granada, Nicaragua
nc Coast
Level Contributor
301 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: opinion on these Hotels please

Thanks for all the replies.

TR

Sewaren, NJ
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: opinion on these Hotels please

Just came back from Granada, stayed at Hotel Terrasol, it's a wonderful little hotel, small but has everything you need. It also has its own restaurant. the chef is Victor the owner and you must try his food, which is scrumcious. Price very reasonable, super clean, and very save. If you decide to stay there send my regards. Tell Victor or Katya (they are the owners) that the couple they recommended the day tour Zapatera said hi. By the way that tour was breathtaking!

Edited: 17 February 2011, 20:46
Mentioned in this post
Hotel Terrasol
Hotel Terrasol
424 Reviews
Granada, Nicaragua
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
882 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: opinion on these Hotels please

It's a great little hotel, and Victor and Katya are most gracious. I'm happy for you and them you had such a pleasant stay.

nc Coast
Level Contributor
301 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: opinion on these Hotels please

I actually stayed at Casa Vivaldi. Great location, nice pool and people. Good wifi. Anyone want some details PM me and I will answer asap as I am still in Nica....las Penitas beach.

happy travels,

TR

Mentioned in this post
Casa Vivaldi
Casa Vivaldi
41 Reviews
Granada, Nicaragua
8. Re: opinion on these Hotels please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2012, 05:18