We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
bristol uk
Level Contributor
845 posts
Save Topic
changing money

I will arriving into Managua at 8pm Sat 30th April.I have a transfer to Grenada,what is the exchange rate for US,.As i will be originating flight from London via Houston,do they change British pounds or is better to take dollars.Is the exchange rate the same in the airport as outside and also are there plenty of places to change money in Grenada as my first full day will be a Sunday.

Valladolid, Mexico
Level Contributor
22 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: changing money

Instead of changing US cash for local currency....(I hate ot carry lots of cash - too dangerous these days)....are there lots ATM machines easily available in Granada so I can simply draw money in the local currency from my US bank checking account in amounts I find I need when I am there???

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: changing money

And just remember changing pounds here only at managuas banks so is always better Us Funds, and saturday is fine untill 5pm sundays only in the morning but do not worry people accepts US$ at the bars and restaurants.

Enjoy Nicaragua

Jersey City, New...
Level Contributor
14 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: changing money

I recommend having both dollars and cordobas - some places give you a better price if you pay in cordobas and some if you pay in dollars, so if you have both you can choose to pay with whatever currency is a better deal. We used several ATMs in Granada and Leon, as well as one in the main hall in the Managua airport, which allowed withdrawls in both currencies.

14. Re: changing money

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 06:17