We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

granada in nov, dec vs late feb to march

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
278 reviews
Save Topic
granada in nov, dec vs late feb to march

I have narrowed my plans to how long and what/who I will be doing my Spanish etc with.

I have heard conflicting reports about weather.

Airfare costs dictate I go last Sat in November for 3 weeks (avoiding Christmas) . Or go last Sat in Feb. til mid March. If I want to go to my cheap all inclusive in Mexico in early January, the first option is a bit tight.

I am looking for dry weather .

According to weather gurus December onward seems to be the best which limits my choice

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,998 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: granada in nov, dec vs late feb to march

The first two weeks of last Nov were dry and high 80's low 90's

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: granada in nov, dec vs late feb to march

thanks for info

calgary
Level Contributor
92 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: granada in nov, dec vs late feb to march

If you are planning on visiting the Corn Islands then I would recommend Feb-March route. Snorkeling sucks b4 that as the sea is unpredictable. March is VERY DRY AND HOT!!!

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: granada in nov, dec vs late feb to march

Thanks just Granada , can't do the physical stuff.

My problem is the airfare is so bad late Dec and January. I could go late November but then would have problems with the Mexico all inclusive.

Celebration, Florida
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: granada in nov, dec vs late feb to march

If possible I would go at the end of November because it is the end of the raining season and everything is still green and beautiful. By February and March it is a lot warmer and the scenery is not quite as beautiful. If you need any ideas for things to do, places to stay, and general information on Nicaragua check out

www.nicaragua-magazine.com

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: granada in nov, dec vs late feb to march

thanks I am booked for Nov 26 to mid Dec. 3 weeks. Spanish lessons and volunteer.

7. Re: granada in nov, dec vs late feb to march

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 June 2012, 12:17