We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick Recommendations

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Quick Recommendations

Full reviews to follow but a few quick recommendations for Granada.

HOTEL SAN FRANCISCO is perfect! Beautiful, clean, good location and 4 star level service. The owner even took us to a local baseball game. One evening we had a problem at 2am and even Abraham the night staff spoke English and went out of his way to be helpful. At one point we called Maria at home and she was very gracious even at the late hour. Melissa the manager has created a great team!

MOMBOCHO CIGAR and CHOCO MUSEO tours both very informative and allow you to make your own cigar or chocolate bar to take home.

GREAT LOCAL GUIDE in Allan Cesar llancesar219@hotmail.com. I am traveling with an 18 year old and Allan is a great fit for young people. Raised in Granada and knows local history, architecture etc, but also willing to share the local hip scene. He even took my son out one night on his own. We did Mombocho Zip Tour, City Tour and Islettas with Allan.

FOOD San Juans for Churrasco (high end). Telepizza for great US style Pizza (we were in rural villages for weeks and craving pizza!) Choco Museo – a new breakfast buffet with cook to order all you can eat and awesome plantains. Don't miss local snack of Vigoron which is plantain chips, chicken, cabbage and picante.

Full reviews to follow – Thanks to TA again for all your tips!

Love Granada!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,942 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick Recommendations

Thanks 3

Where is san juan's?. We too loved Telepizza--even had them deliver!

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,079 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick Recommendations

Maybe is Zaguan restaurant behind the cathedral.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,942 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick Recommendations

That makes sense---it's a good restaurant

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
23 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick Recommendations

I just wanted to add my recommendation for Allan as a local guide. He can hook you up with all the traditional tourist stuff along with anything else you might want/need. He arranged for a friend to give a presentation about The Gallopigos Islands at a local school all in a couple of hours. He knows eveyone and we felt we were in good hands. Check him out allancesar219@hotmail.com. Tell him Cindy says hi.

earth
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick Recommendations

Hey I would love to see a local baseball game. Any idea where I can find a schedule?

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,942 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick Recommendations

Rodolfo will know but as i remember the season started when we arrived in early Nov and the schedule was posted then on a website.

Put baseball in the search box above and look for the thread.

It is a nice event to do. Take a taxi--eat some vigoron there plus bags of fruit

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
843 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick Recommendations

The Bohemian Paradise hotel on Calle Coralles is one of the nicest places I've ever stayed in anywhere. Contact them at granada@seecentralamerica.com. The owner Lucy Bartlett gave me a much lower rate in exchange for cash payment.

8. Re: Quick Recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2012, 05:15