We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiring a driver

Okinawa, Japan
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hiring a driver

We just recently returned from Granada and hired a driver to take us (family of 5) to the markets, the surrounding towns, Managua, the volcano and many more places. He is BY FAR the cheapest in town. He speaks very good English and is very professional. His contact info is ismaben3@yahoo.com.

Toronto
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiring a driver

Hi,

I am going to Nica with my wife and 7 yr daughter in a few weeks. I have a rental car booked but I am having reservations now after reading about issues with corrupt cops and bad driving conditions etc. This will be my 3rd time in Nicaragua this year so I am familiar with the place. How good was your driver as far as knowledge, personality, condition of vehicle and area he services. We will be travelling a few days in Granada, a few days on Ometepe and then in the San Juan Del Sur area for about a week.

I am alos not great with directions and navigation not to mention my Spanish is weak and would not be able to talk my way out of a situation.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Andy

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiring a driver

I have booked rodolfo going by reviews of this site he is good.

Good luck

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
30 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiring a driver

I agree Rodolfo Ortega is the best, he is a tour guide but perhaps he can find you a driver like Jamal. We had an excellent time in July 2011 . rodolfo.nicaragua@hotmail.com

4. Re: Hiring a driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 November 2012, 05:15