We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe area Hotel for Mom & 11 Yr old Son

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Safe area Hotel for Mom & 11 Yr old Son

Hello TA! Happy Friday to all!

I was wondering if you can guide me as to what areas are safer for hotels. I will be traveling with my son and would like to walk at night to restaurants, etc...

Ideally I'd love to be close to the square, street market & the Tica Bus Stop towards Liberia...

I know I can't have it all! :)

Also I know casa Silas comes Highly recomended... is this close to the Center, restaurants & the Tica Bus stop?

Thanks in advance!

Yesi

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe area Hotel for Mom & 11 Yr old Son

there is also another great hotel close to the main square 3 blocks, safe area to walk to restaurants has a pool, wifi conection a PC on the lobby breakfast included etc.is call el Almirante but also the big hotel around the main square. Colonial, Plaza colon, Alahambra, Gran francia etc.

BTW stay away from Lake side at night,

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
7,225 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe area Hotel for Mom & 11 Yr old Son

The crimes against persons are crimes of opportunity. You should and will be safe in the historical area. Don,t carry a purse in a way that suggests it can be snatched..put it from one shoulder to the other side. If you feel uncomfortable take a taxi but you will often take one that already has others in it. We let out a first passenger miles away in a field before going to our address

3. Re: Safe area Hotel for Mom & 11 Yr old Son

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 February 2012, 02:05
Tampa Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe area Hotel for Mom & 11 Yr old Son

We stayed with our 1yo at hotel plaza colon on the square and loved it. Incredible staff and beautiful rooms. Very secure place.

california
Level Contributor
1,066 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe area Hotel for Mom & 11 Yr old Son

Thanks to all for your help!

I'm torn between hotel plaza colon which looks amazing and I love that is in front of the park... But at $99 a night plus 17% tax it's a bit more than I should spend...

On the other hand I love the idea of a B&B like Casa Silas with an amazing host... But I'm wondering how far it is from the park and restaurants to walk there at night with my 11 yr old son ... Is the walk to there safe?

Thanks again!

Yesi

Tampa Florida
Level Contributor
32 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe area Hotel for Mom & 11 Yr old Son

We've always found the area safe so either are good options I think.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
299 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe area Hotel for Mom & 11 Yr old Son

To add to your choices; let me add Casa San Francisco. A female friend and I stayed there in October and absolutely loved it. We found it to be in a good location and walked to Parque Central as well as all the restaurants. They have a restaurant on-site as well as a great central courtyard where we had breakfast. We felt safe and they recommended Geovanny as a tour guide and we took several great tours with him. Enjoy!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
190 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safe area Hotel for Mom & 11 Yr old Son

Hotel Terrasol! It's on a quiet street just a few blocks away from the central park. We've stayed there three times, and we just returned from a stay there and had our 2- and 5-year-old sons with us.

The owners are amazing. hotelterrasol.net.

PA
Level Contributor
114 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safe area Hotel for Mom & 11 Yr old Son

We have just returned from 5 days in Granada, staying at Casa Cubana. It is a bit of a walk from the Park, but in a safe area. We loved the B&B -- read my review. Taxis are so cheap and plentiful that you will have no problems. Enjoy your time there:)

Maryland
Level Contributor
287 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Safe area Hotel for Mom & 11 Yr old Son

Our group of three families just returned from a week at Hotel Con Corazon. We all loved it, and the seven kids had a wonderful time there. They loved the pool, the enormous chess set, the hammocks and the swing.

It's very kid-friendly; we overlapped with other families the entire time we were there. Also, it's a non-profit foundation; all proceeds fund the Con Corazon Foundation, which aids families and children outside the city.

The staff members were very friendly and helpful and the tour organizer, Frank, is great with kids. Delicious breakfast included. Lovely pool. Quiet neighborhood. Short, safe walk to Parque Central. We can't recommend it highly enough.