We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling from Liberia, Coasta Rica to Nicaragua

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oakland, California
Level Contributor
58 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Traveling from Liberia, Coasta Rica to Nicaragua

We are trying to get ourselves fom Liberia to Granada, Nicaragua. Any suggestions on transportation options?

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,152 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling from Liberia, Coasta Rica to Nicaragua

There are lots of private companies that will offer this transfer, you also have TICA BUS that canbring you to Rivas, Granada , Masaya or Managua.

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
58 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling from Liberia, Coasta Rica to Nicaragua

We have checked out the buses but can not find the private companies. Suggestions?

NY
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling from Liberia, Coasta Rica to Nicaragua

Hello. i will recommend you to hire Macua Tours s.a. for your transportation from C.R. to Granada, they are the experts doing this privately...

You could also check most of their reviews here, search: Macua Tours Nicaragua... i am sure they will be a big help as they also helped as .... Good luck!

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,074 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling from Liberia, Coasta Rica to Nicaragua

Here is a couple of private companies that do private or shuttle services

http://www.iskratravel.com/

http://www.adelanteexpress.com/

Regina, SK
Level Contributor
17 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling from Liberia, Coasta Rica to Nicaragua

You can take the Tica Bus from Liberia to Rivas, Nicaragua, possibly all the way to Granada (we started in Rivas and went through Liberia to Canas, Costa Rica). These guys pretty much "hold your hand" crossing the border and even though it's a little expensive (for us) (~$30), it was worth it. You can take a public bus to the border, cross it yourself, and catch a public "chicken" bus to Rivas and probably change buses quite easily to Granada. Each bus would cost less than $2.

Hope this helps.

Lincoln, Nebraska
Level Contributor
9 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Traveling from Liberia, Coasta Rica to Nicaragua

I would agree on using Macua Tours. Very dependable and professional. I used them for a transfer from the Liberia airport to San Juan del Sur as well as a day trip in Nicaragua. They take all the hassle out of the border crossing.

Wine Country...
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Traveling from Liberia, Coasta Rica to Nicaragua

I have been trying to locate contact information for Macua Tours. I enter the full website and get bumped to a google page, again macua is listed but google will not connect to it.

We are interested in contacting them for this specific trip in August...Liberia to Granada and back.

Thanks for any insight. It seems people have used Edwin ruiz recently, so I should be able to contact him. Help.

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,935 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Traveling from Liberia, Coasta Rica to Nicaragua

info@macuatours.com <info@macuatours.com>

Wine Country...
Level Contributor
64 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Traveling from Liberia, Coasta Rica to Nicaragua

Thank you, again. I will send him an email. We are looking at staying at the B&B Via Verde on Ometepe....rave reviews and we are two couples traveling together, so we could have the place to ourselves....

I'll contact Edwin and hope we can negotiate the border with ease....

Wine country, yes, and we now spend a good part of the year in Maui....wine is expensive here! But sometimes we bring a case over as luggage!

Tyler, Texas
Level Contributor
6,935 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Traveling from Liberia, Coasta Rica to Nicaragua

How does homemade pineapple wine taste?