We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stay in Granada or Laguna de Apoyo for a night?

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Langley City, Canada
Level Contributor
778 posts
68 reviews
Save Topic
Stay in Granada or Laguna de Apoyo for a night?

The city of Granada itself does not interest me too much (seeing part of it while we're there anyways should be plenty - we are more interested in lakes/oceans), but I can't decide what makes the most sense to do for our last couple days in Nicaragua. I do really want to take one of the boat rides to check out the Islets of Granada though, so am trying to work this in the best way possible.

We'd be coming from San Juan del Sur, and then have 2 days/1 night to spend before our final night by the airport (early morning flight).

Would it make the most sense to go straight to Laguna de Apoyo from SJDS and spend the day/night there, and onto Granada in the morning to do a boat tour, and then head to Managua?

Or is this backtracking - and would it be better to go from SJDS to Granada, take a boat tour in the afternoon and spend the night in Granada, and then do a day trip to Laguna de Apoyo the following morning (hopefully finding a transfer from there to Managua instead of back to Granada).

Is there a tour operator that anyone would recommend for these (particularly a good tour guide that we could book for the Islets of Granada)? Or does anyone have some feedback on what the best way to see both on our way back to Managua would be?

Thank you!

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stay in Granada or Laguna de Apoyo for a night?

what about if you go straight to Granada have someting to eat there see a bit of the city or a city tour if you want, then take a horse carriage to go to the lake and do a nice boat trip in the afternoon, there are more birds coming back home and the sunset is really nice from the island, then take a transfer to Apoyo crater lake and relax in that beautiful spot, next day relax during your last day and transfer to Managua.

If need help in doing this let me know,

byron

2. Re: Stay in Granada or Laguna de Apoyo for a night?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 20:40