We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Granada driver guide

Which Granada hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Granada driver guide

My wife and I will arrive in Managua Jan 20 and need to travel to Granada for a few days and then San Juan del Sur for a few more returning to Managua Jan 27. We want to hire an English speaking driver guide (sadly we only speak English). Any and all suggestions and contacts would be appreciated.

Granada, Nicaragua
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Granada driver guide

I would recommend to hire a transportation which include a Spanish speaking driver and hire a Guide, In this case the guide will pay attention to you and not to the road, there as been accidents like this before so this is why most if not all of the tour companies have a driver and a guide.

My idea.

Byron

http://byronortega.wix.com/tour-leader

Nicaragua
Level Contributor
1,217 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Granada driver guide

I agree with Byron, this is the way that everybody offers their service here in Nicaragua

Port Washington, NY
Level Contributor
75 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Granada driver guide

My husband and I just got back from a trip to Nicaragua. One of our highlights was a full day private tour from Granada with Francisco Munguia. He took us to Massaya Volcano, the handicraft market, Catarina (white city) for lunch, and San Juan d'Oriente to see where pottery is made. He is a wonderful young man, knowledgeable, intelligent, and speaks perfect english. He recently graduated from university with a major in tourism. He will also recommend other tours and is very reasonably priced. He brings his own driver, so as the other people said, he could concentrate on us. He can be contacted through email - fm.tourguide@gmail.com or called at (505) 8811-1751. (He's also on Facebook)

Stillwater...
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Granada driver guide

We were in Managua/Granada in Jan 2014. We used English speaking Jorge Selva Gutierrez as a guide and transport,between Managua/Granada. He was fantastic. Well spoken, friendly and informed. He offers all the tours cheaper than the tour companies.

jlsg69pelon@hotmail.com or ask the hotel to phone him for you at 8442-6393.

He probably won't remember us, but tell him Bob and Tami, from Plaza Colon sent you.

Monkeytales

4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Granada driver guide

One of the best Guides in Nicaragua is Ernesto Lopez, he know every little corner of the country. Some friends of ours and Guests raved about him. His email is ernesto.elchef@gmail.com

He sepaks perfect english.

6. Re: Granada driver guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2015, 07:19