We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dogs on beaches

Tavistock, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
dogs on beaches

can anyone tell me the name of the beaches that dogs are allowed on in august please

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dogs on beaches

Plage de la Grange et du Martray, and Portes Ré before 9 am and after 7 pm.

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
61 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dogs on beaches

Very few thAnk goodness

west midlands...
Level Contributor
4 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dogs on beaches

stupid and unhelpful obviously got nothing better to do

Dublin
Destination Expert
for Dublin
Level Contributor
4,456 posts
260 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dogs on beaches

I am not too fond of dogs running lose on beaches either. I thought it a useful question.

Sevenoaks Kent
Level Contributor
104 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dogs on beaches

Generally go early morning for your walk before 9 and it will be lovely on most beaches, I doubt if you will come across any officials. Weather is now going to be hot so doggies may appreciate a shady corner back at your rental etc. Our dog gets her walk along the coastal paths and we are sure to remove any evidence in the free bags provided!

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: dogs on beaches

Gary

Are there any particular beaches that are Ok with dogs and in the town are they ok if on a lead.We are going to the top of the island .

Thanks

Ivan

Sevenoaks Kent
Level Contributor
104 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dogs on beaches

Dogs are welcome in the towns and generally the restaurants if well behaved. Some towns supply bags and special bins for doggie deposits and generally it is considered correct to clear up after them. Beaches near towns or accessible car parks are dog free zones; anyway in the sun fido will suffer as well as being irritated by sand shrimps! We find the more remote beaches (there are loads a moderate walk away from the crowds) fine for running through the surf.

Have fun

Derbyshire, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: dogs on beaches

Hi

How did you get with your search for dogs on beaches in Il De Re last year? We are going their with our dog in 10 days time and I am wondering now if we have made a massive mistake by not doing enough research

Regards

Rachel

9. Re: dogs on beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2015, 05:16