We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

Which Meribel hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

I'm arriving in Geneva Mon 28th Jan at 13.25. I leave 1st Feb 14.05. I am travelling on to Meribel Mottaret.

Could anyone advise best way to organise reasonably priced transfers?

20 replies to this topic
Talloires, France
Level Contributor
358 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

The public ski bus is Altibus. www.altibus.com

You can also have a look for shared or private transfers on www.findtransfers.com - local companies advertise shared seats or they can quote you for a private transfer.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

Those look great contacts , thank you. This will be my first trip to the region so I really appreciate the help.

David

Sheffield, England...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

check out alpine transfer. not to be confused with alpine transfer4u. Used Alpine transfer for loads of years they will even give you the gen of of with bars food etc is the best...Happy skiing

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

We used 3valleetransport.co.uk who were very efficient, but not cheap, we were anxious to have someone reliable and they had been highly recommended. We would echo that recommendation.

Talloires, France
Level Contributor
358 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

I think you mean 3 Vallee Transfers? Their site is www.3vt.co.uk - they are indeed an excellent company!

Meribel, France
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

Thanks for the review Caz , but the name is Alpine Ski Transfers .

Look forward to seeing you all again next month.

www.alpineskitransfers.com

7. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 16 April 2013, 21:35

California
Level Contributor
2 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

I just took the round trip bus from Geneva Airport to Meribel Mottaret. It was not a good adventure. You will have to change bus in Moutiers and then again in Mottaret. This is if you don't know where your hotel is. I asked the bus driver if he knew the hotel. He said that he did and mentioned that I would have to get off the bus at the last stop in Mottaret. When I got off the bus the hotel was nort in sight.I had to wait in the cold for about 15-20 minutes before being able to take a local bus. He dropped me off farther down from where I was, but I stll had to walk back with all my luggage until i found my hotel. For the return trip you absolutely have to make a reservation. You will have to go to the Maison de Tourism in person. There they will give you instructions. If you don't make a resevation all the way through to Geneva, you may get stuck for a few hours in Moutiers. This is because the bus may come down with plenty of passengers already from Val d'Isere or Val Thorens. The whole deal is very confusing and full of red tape. If I had to do it over, I would just rent a car at Geneva Airport.This way at least you can stop at your leasure in Annecy. Furthermore you will be able to drive all the way up to the hotel.

The bus fare is a rip-off for the poor service you get. Why can't the bus drop you off at the hotel as they do in so many other places in Canada or the US?

To top it off, once back in Geneva, everybody had to remove their luggage from the buse's luggage compartment on their own. Talk about service: in South America (Chile/Argentina) they check in your luggage like on the plane, give you a luggage tag and hand the luggage over to you upon arrival at your destination.

Meribel, France
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

Just for future information .

There is a map of all the Meribel resorts download from Meribel.net .

Bus stops are marked .

Beware of the hotel error No.43 .

Marked for both the hotels Alpin Ruitor and Arolles . Alpin Ruitor is No.40 on the map.

If you are considering a hire car in Geneva to travel into France, it will require Swiss Road Tax if you intend to use the Swiss motorways.

Snow tyres are an advantage , chains may be obligatory .

Not all cars are filled with winter diesel - if you intend to abandon the car for a long period, consider underground parking or fuel additive to avoid a frozen fuel system.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

After watching the pickle a lot of drivers got into we were very glad we had not rented a car, however after reading BHS's tale were also very glad we had booked a private transfer. Help with bags, efficient pick up, some handy information, door to door etc etc.

Reply to: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Meribel