We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

I'm arriving in Geneva Mon 28th Jan at 13.25. I leave 1st Feb 14.05. I am travelling on to Meribel Mottaret.

Could anyone advise best way to organise reasonably priced transfers?

22 replies to this topic
Milton Keynes...
Level Contributor
1 post
65 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

I had prebooked a transfer with Snow White Transfers on 29th March and I was left sitting at Geneva airport. When I eventually got through to their number, I was offered an improbable story about the mini bus breaking down en route.

I booked myself onto a Trans Savoie bus service about 2 hours later and the service was unexpectedly good.

Being let down by Snow White Transfers would have been a whole lot more serious if I'd been travelling with my kids - or if I'd being travelling the other way and expecting to catch a flight. So you've been warned - SNOW WHITE TRANSFERS ARE NOT RELIABLE

Musselburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

Just had our first trip to Meribel and the transfer options seemed to be a minefield - there are so many companies / options! Eventually picked Alpine Ski Transfers based on the review by Caz S and she was spot on - Paul was great: took us to resort via a tourist route; offered plenty of tips about the area; on arrival he gave us a tour around the town so that we could get our bearings and arrived bang on time to pick us up.

London
Level Contributor
1 post
9 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

Just returned from a week's skiing in Meribel and used Alpine Ski Transfers between Geneva airport and Meribel (return). All went like clockwork, can't fault anything!

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

Hi all, I just want to mention a new transfer firm that's been set up called Fluid Car. They really were excellent. After making the schoolboy error of leaving my snowboard bag with accompanying boots, jacket and lots of other important bits of kit at home, I had to work out another way for me to get to Meribel.The rest of my crowd headed into Stansted for their charter flight and coach transfer and I headed back to Southend in the minibus. Having worked out that I could get to Geneva from Southend a bit later that day, all I needed to do was arrange a transfer. This I thought would be easy, however I was mistaken. I tried and tried to book a coach transfer but to no avail as they all came up saying that I couldn't book a same day transfer on line. I checked out a couple of minibus/taxi companies but they all seemed to be unavailable or really expensive (one wanted to charge 300+ Euros!). Eventually I came across FluidCar on the Merinet website and gave them a call. Bearing in mind it was 7.00am UK time and on a Sunday, I thought I would be struggling. Instead, a sleepy voice answered my desperate call and the rest is history. Mike and his business partner Chris, couldn't have been more helpful and the value for money was superb. My booking was arranged swiftly and the price was top notch. I only wanted to do a one way journey to resort as I would be getting the coach back along with all the other Ski Total people. The cost was £100 plus £14 extra for total insurance. I was met at Geneva airport by Mike who showed me to a brand spanking new Audi SUV/4X4. He checked my driving licence quickly and I was away within minutes, arriving in resort only about 6 hours after the rest of my gang. This is a proper service and with 4 of you in the vehicle, it would cost you £50 per person plus the extra bit of insurance. You drive a lovely vehicle which can be parked up somewhere safe in resort (I parked on our Chalet's driveway)and it is then collected later that day or the next morning. I can't vouch for the return leg as I didn't require it on this occasion but I can only imaging it would have be as smooth as the outward journey. I would definitely recommend FluidCar to people, especially when you don't need a car in resort. It's great value for money and is like your own private transfer. I actually really enjoyed the drive round Annecy and it takes much less time than a coach or minibus which tend to have to stop half a dozen times on the way up the mountain or in resort. 5 stars for these chaps and I hope they carry on the service for next winter. Make sure you look them up.

15. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 23 December 2014, 10:35

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

do not use Simply Transfer. badly organised. Worst aspect is needing to change in Moutiers. On a way to resort the connecting driver was at a wrong place. Coming back to Geneva we had to wait in cold for 1 1/2 hour for the connecting bus, then further 1/2 hour wasted waiting for the driver to rest. Calling their centre was an unpleasant experience, the 1st person was rude and hung up on me, stating it was not his problem that there was a delay.

My complaint to them was treated quite dismissively too.

never again.

Oella, Maryland...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

I used Alpine Ski Transfers http://www.alpineskitransfers.com/ and was very satisfied. Paul was very friendly and helpful. Even helped me sort out my lost luggage issue at the Geneva airport when I arrived. He was on time and got us to/from Meribel from Geneva airport. Would definitely use again with confidence.

Bristol
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

Hello

I noticed your post about transfers from Geneva Airport to Meribel. Just wondering what advice you could give me for doing a similar mid week transfer?

Cheer

Will

1 post
Save Reply
19. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

I had a transfer from Geneva to mottaret with SnowWhite transfers, the driver was waiting for us when we arrived at the airport and helped us with our luggage to the mini bus, the driver (george) was telling us where the best places to ski were... once we arrived george drove us to collect our skis, waited for us and then drove to the apartment, this added about another 30mins onto his time and even though he had another run to go to he was happy to accommodate us. The return journey was perfect, the driver came and met us early to pick our bags up as we had an evening departure, he had no problem with stopping off on route when people were in need of food/toilet stops. Once at the airport he parked up and showed us where we would need to check in and made sure we were all sorted

I would highly recommend SnowWhite transfers to anyone travelling to and from mottaret, we will definitely be using them again in January!

Michael m

Hampshire, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret

My daughter and I have just travelled to meribel using Snow White transfers who were brilliant. Our driver was waiting for us at Geneva, was very helpful and we had a safe and happy transfer to the mountains. On our return journey we were half way back to Geneva when we got a text informing us that our flight had been cancelled due to fog. Major panic..... but Snow White transfers were fantastic. Reassuring us, going out of their way to help us and ensuring that we got home safely. We will definitely be using this company again. Good prices too!

Reply to: Transfers Geneva to Meribel Mottaret
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Meribel