We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone stayed in Chalet Maurice or Sylvie in Meribel

Derby, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Has anyone stayed in Chalet Maurice or Sylvie in Meribel

we are a group of ladies who need good mixed ability skiing and a good après. there is likely to be 20 of us and I'm shortlisting Chalet Maurice or Sylvie as likely. Has anyone stayed - if so feedback welcome...

thanks

Reading, England
8 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone stayed in Chalet Maurice or Sylvie in Meribel

We stayed in Sylvie over New Year. Rooms are good sizes all with bath rooms, plenty of hot water. The living area is nice with an open fire.

It's about 10 minutes walk into the centre of town (all down hill). There's a mini bus that takes you to the slopes each morning which is handy. So not ski in ski out but not too much of a faff to get to the slopes.

Hot tub is great to relax in after skiing.

If you want to know where it is it's about 50 or so meters up this road...

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/preview/@45.40053,6.567591,3a,75y,151.67h,90t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sPgfHMCFJAXrveiKL7nyJag!2e0

The chalets are next door to each other and look pretty similar from the outside.

cheshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone stayed in Chalet Maurice or Sylvie in Meribel

hi

just got back from Chalet Sylvie. Much as previous post but to add all the staff are really great, rooms are far from palatial and the food is just about OK. Skiing area is exceptional and the regular van ride to the main lifts are no problem at all.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone stayed in Chalet Maurice or Sylvie in Meribel

I am currently staying in Sylvie....as everyone has said...very responsive, lovely friendly staff and a really good location, with a superb hot tub and a short walk into the lively town center. The living area is nice and spacious, clean and well maintained. The bedrooms we are in (top floor double and single) are ok and clean enough. The double room has a superb view across the valley and a balcony but is a little small with minimal wardrobe space. The single is spacious but has no view. I would definitely say that something needs to be done about the quality of the food at dinner. Breakfasts are OK and as usual for a chalet, the canapes are generally good, as are the starters and puddings. The wine is ok and free flowing with dinner. The main courses i have eaten, so far, however need to be improved in both the quality and style of presentation.

Hope that helps.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone stayed in Chalet Maurice or Sylvie in Meribel

A group of 11 of us stayed in the Chalet Maurice from 18/1/14 to the 25/1/14, as previous posts all okay but don't think it deserves its 4 T rating, the staff are okay, nice but not very professional, the food was fine but the whole dining experience was slightly chaotic the vegetables never arrived until the main course was finished etc.

The main lounge is very nice, however the fire was never on initialy because they had ran out of wood, the hot tub was very good, the rooms were not cleaned very well, one of our party had complained about the shower not draining probably and it was suggested they use somebody elses shower.

It is quite a walk to the slopes but a free mini bus picks you up 50M away at the end of the road, this worked very well.

We all had a good holiday staying at the Chalet Maurice, but none of us will be rushing back.

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone stayed in Chalet Maurice or Sylvie in Meribel

I revoke my previous review after seeing the state of the kitchen and the lack of cleanliness towards the middle of our week. It's a health hazard! I am in the process of complaining after 5 of us went down with diarrhoea.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone stayed in Chalet Maurice or Sylvie in Meribel

Stayed in both - Maurice a couple years ago and Sylvie recently. Maurice was okay, but we paid significantly less than what we did for Sylvie.

Sylvie - most recently visited is the pits! A large group of us were out there recently...

- Food was awful - we ate out and barely picked at breakfast

- I would rather drink vinegar than the wine served

- Wifi hardly ever worked, most of the rooms had no wifi reception. We restarted the router at least 4 times a day(And that did not always fix it!)

- Rooms were dirty/dusty - those with allergies ended up on Piriton just to be able to sleep

- Staff were okay, but the rep was not great

- Ski lessons booked were dreadful more like a guide than an instructor - I put this down to the rep

- Suggested place for dinner was dreadful - we cancelled and went elsewhere

- The bed sink in the middle making it very uncomfortable

While the rooms were a fair size, location is not bad and seemed to be endless hot water - this just felt like a super super budget chalet. I would not go back here!

Edited: 19 March 2014, 16:55
Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
3 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone stayed in Chalet Maurice or Sylvie in Meribel

I agree...I have submitted a huge complaint to inghams about the filth and food. I have photographic evidence. We stayed the 1-7th Feb

Scarborough
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Has anyone stayed in Chalet Maurice or Sylvie in Meribel

Can I ask you which company you booked chalet Sylvie through.

Thank you

3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Has anyone stayed in Chalet Maurice or Sylvie in Meribel

Hello! Did you stay at either of these? If so, what did you think? I am looking at Sylvie for a girly trip with a friend next Feb... 😃

3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Has anyone stayed in Chalet Maurice or Sylvie in Meribel

Hello! Did you stay at either of these? If so, what did you think? I am looking at Sylvie for a girly trip with a friend next Feb... 😃

Get answers to your questions about Meribel