We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

off topic

Which Newport News hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
portland
2 posts
Save Topic
off topic

Im moving to work in newport news jan-april. WHere should I rent a house or cond. IN newport news , hampton , portsmouth , or va beach> IS newport news a safe place to live? WHat are the nice areas to live. IS it commuting distance from VA beach.

Virginia
Destination Expert
for Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
6,415 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: off topic

You're trying hard but I think you're still a little off the mark. Go here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g1-i9659-Off_topic…

One way there is just above the green bar on top of these post topics you'll see TripAdvisor Forums>United States forums>Virginia>Newport News. You can also click on the first, TripAdvisor Forums and then find about midway on the right the option for "off topic chatter".

Strasburg, VA
Level Contributor
1 post
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: off topic

We lived in Newport News for a few years while my husband was stationed there. As with any area, there's good and bad. You can look up reviews of apartments at www.apartmentratings.com. I can say that the best bet is to start looking close to your new job. If you have to travel the tunnel each morning it can be quite the hassel. There's always a back up.

3. Re: off topic

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

We're sorry - the TripAdvisor staff closed this topic because TripAdvisor does not facilitate discussions about relocation or real estate purchases because these topics are not considered to be travel-related.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2007, 18:28