We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from London to Naxos?

london
1 post
Save Topic
How to get from London to Naxos?

We've looked everywher, but can't find anyway to Naxos - the closest we get is Athens (where presumably we'd switch flights).

Or from London (via Athens?) to Mykonos, and from there a ferry.

...No joy. Anyone know where to look online?

New York, NY
Level Contributor
919 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from London to Naxos?

Best bet would be to fly from London to Athens (there's several airlines to choose from) and then fly from Athens to Naxos, or take a ferry from Piraeus or, I believe, Rafina as well...not 100% sure there is a ferry from Rafina to Naxos, but if there is, it's probably a better option than going to Piraeus, as Rafina is nearer to El. Venizelos airport in Athens.

UK
Destination Expert
for Cyclades
Level Contributor
3,032 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get from London to Naxos?

Or fly from London to Mykonos direct and get a ferry from there.

Seaford, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get from London to Naxos?

Christopher ~ there are at least 2 ferries a day May -Oct from Piraeus, usually Gate 7 but the travel agents along the front where you buy the ferry tickets will tell you

I know there is one at about 07.25 & one about 17.25 {have caught the latter this year a few weeks ago & last year, too]

Both take about 3 hrs

There are often also later ferries that arrive early hours of the morning

The site to check all ferries from Piraeus is :

http://www.yen.gr/en/yen.chtm?prnbr=23685

{no need to tell you to click on the "english" icon therein!]

Molaoi, Greece
Destination Expert
for Naxos, Peloponnese
Level Contributor
3,854 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get from London to Naxos?

More like 5/6 hours on the Blue Star or longer on the 'normal' ferries.

Seaford, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get from London to Naxos?

Sorry ~ pressed the 3 key instead of the 5 ~ yes, 5 hr journey

Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get from London to Naxos?

Hi there

We have booked a flight for 3 of us from Gatwick to Mykonos in the middle of August with easyjet at a cost of around £450 return for all of us. I thought this was pretty good value and Naxos is then only around 1 hour away on a high speed ferry.

S

Dorset, UK
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get from London to Naxos?

Hi again

Just re-checked the easyjet website for booking our flights now (we booked in Feb) and they have more than doubled - the same flights are now £967!

You don't say when you are intending to fly but if it's in 2009 I suggest keeping an eye on flight websites for when fares are first released.

S

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,187 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get from London to Naxos?

You can also have the option to fly to Santorini. From Santorini the journey is appr. 2,5 hrs with the Blue Star.

london
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get from London to Naxos?

Hi 000christopher, did you manage to get to Naxos?

We are flying to Mykonos and planning to go to Naxos on the same day but I'm a little concerned since I thought there would be lots of boats running between the two. On the internet, however there seems to be only one listed travelling at 3pm.

Does anyone know if there are regular services from Mykonos to Naxos?

Thanks to anyone who can offer help!

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,606 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How to get from London to Naxos?

Don't bother flying to Mykonos or Santorini to get to Naxos - you have many more choices for flights to Athens, and ferry connections are much better from there as well.

Piraeus is the best port for ferries to Naxos. There is also one daily Olympic Airlines flight from Athens (two on Sun) during summer to Naxos. By next summer the route may be taken over by Pantheon Airways, Olympic's likely successor.

Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town