We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Studios Nostos

Sunshine Coast Qld
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Studios Nostos

Has anyone stayed at Studios Nostos in Agios Georgios? Got it off a Naxos tourist website & sounds good but can't find any reviews. They say their studios are "newly built".

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,746 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Studios Nostos

I don't know Studios Nostos, but have searched every Naxos site I know and have not found it.

In which tourist website did you find it ?

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Sunshine Coast Qld
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Studios Nostos

The website was www.naxos-greece.net

They appear to be new.

Sunshine Coast Qld
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Studios Nostos

The Studios Nostos website says they are "beside the new Town Hall building & 50 metres from Agios Georgios.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,919 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Studios Nostos

Have never stayed there, but the location is ok for a single or couple, not "at" the beach and not "in" the town, but easy walking to both. There may be a little noise from the large public parking. On the other hand, if you rent a car you need a place to park it. In addition to the Ag.Giorgios beach, there is a small sandy cove just below that is nice for swimming. The pictures tells me that it is an ordinary studio, of which there are dozens in Naxos, and usually of good quality. Studios like this are usually priced to 30 euro DR, outside top-season. With children I would try to get a little closer to the beach. I am going to Naxos next month, and will take a look at it.

Mentioned in this post
Naxos
Naxos
Cyclades, Greece
Delphi,Greece
Destination Expert
for Delphi
Level Contributor
6,200 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Studios Nostos

I am not absolutely sure, but I remember passing a building exactly at the back side of the town hall. Only a very narrow pass sheparating town hall area and this building, that I think was featuring ground rooms with a small patio (rather balcony size) outside, a tiny courtyard with a small table and a few chairs, a few flowers and a small BBQ. I recall I noticed some two local women having their coffee outside and having a glimpse through an open door on what seemed a basic bedroom, where two foreign kids were hanging on their swim suites. I think there was one or two floors upstairs too. Place seems tidy but location is nothing special. I doupt there will be any decent view even from uppper floors, very limited partial sea view at best for some of the top rooms. Very quiet though, feeling like living in a local residential neiborhood rather than in a tourist resort. That was on summer 2009.

From the link your provided I think this building I saw was Nostos, I am not 100% sure though. It seems like a basic, clean and tidy rooms to let or bed & breakfast place. Nothing wrong with it, nothing to fancy.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,746 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Studios Nostos

I agree with the others regarding location. In one of the photos provided you can see the parking lot next to the studios.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,919 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Studios Nostos

Nostos Studio have two rooms with terraces facing the town like you see on the pictures, a litle behind other buildings. Rest of rooms, and main-entrance is facing a narrow side-street on the other side. Looks nice and neat to me, like many other studios. Not so far from beach as I thought.

Warsaw, Poland
Level Contributor
4 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Studios Nostos

i will stay there on this holidays :) so i could tell more just after July :D

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,746 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Studios Nostos

Do write a review !

10. Re: Studios Nostos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2012, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town