We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Naxos

Which Naxos Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Australia
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Naxos

Hi

We are young 60/70's planning to spend 5/7 days in Naxos on the way to Samos/Turkey.

We arent really into sitting on the beach or beside the pool , but like to be out and about exploring small streets, sitting over a leisurely lunch, strolling out to a choice of restaurants for dinnner, stopping in for a late coffee on the way home etc.

What area of Naxos do I start to look for hotels/accomadation.

I have been looking at Ikaross Hotel, Hotel Gleros, Ikaros Studios etc.

Are these comfortable walking area to be able to explore the town, walk to dinner etc.

Are there any steep hills that we should stay away from as walking up a steep hill to the hotel after is a bit of a problem for my husband as are lots and lots of stairs.

We wont be hiring a car, but will get around by public transport.

I like to start to look in the right are when I am reading hotel,apartment reviews

Thank you

Janderra

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,227 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Naxos

Take a look at Hotel Coronis. It is situated at the main promenade street in Naxos city. All the tavernas is just outside the door. Short walk to the bus-station for exploring the villages. Take a look at the view from hotel www.naxosisland.eu , camera is situated at the top of the hotel.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,671 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Naxos

Hotel Coronis can be noisy if you stay there in main season (including first half of September). There are some nightclubs and tavernas with live music close by as well as bars.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
4,528 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Naxos

I see from your other post that you are also considering staying at St George Beach. While we love the old town area and the Kastro at Naxos town with all its sites views, activites shopping and dining we always stay at St George Beach because it is very quiet there at night. Greece can be very noisy at night and that is not an issue at St George. Yet St George is so close to Naxos town. We can walk into the town in 10 minutes from St George as it is directly adjacent to the town itself.

Hotels to consider at St George class lowest to highest, would be Hotel Sophia and Galini, Hotel Glaros, Hotel Spiros, Hotel Galaxy, Naxos Resort Beach Hotel and Nissaki. There are many other small hotels at the beach with most of them being small family run hotels.

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,227 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay in Naxos

Being so upset with the noise, I guess that you dont stay at Coronis. I have stayed there several times the last years. Last time was during the carnival in march this year with a lot of festivities going on, and before that 5 days in september and 3 days in may. Maybe my hearing-aid isnt good, but the noise has not bothered me much. You hear life outside, you can even hear the ferries anchoring in the morning, but for me that is a part of being in Greece. None of the reviewers mention noise, except one who tells that the hotel have patio-doors that keeps the noise outside. Main thing for me is that I dont have to walk along half-dark side streets when returning from dinner, and that everything is just at hand. But this is my private opinion.

Lac Léman...
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay in Naxos

Dear readers,

I need to spend a night in Naxos City and would like to probalby stay in the Kastro area - defenetely not down on the harbour main street.

Can anyone recommend me a hotel ? At first glance, I tought of Chateau Zevgoli.

Thank you very much !

Luca - Morges, Switzerland

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,671 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay in Naxos

Hi Morges,

When are you coming ?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
6,120 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay in Naxos

MOrges, up in Kastro I much prefer Hotel Panorama .... lower rates than Zevgoli, but far better view. Zevgoli breakfasts are n dark lobby with old traditional furniture... Panorama you can breakfast on your large shared balcony looking out at the Causeway & sea, or on the rooftop ditto. Zevgoli is tirelessly promoted by its owner.

8. Re: Where to stay in Naxos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 October 2012, 05:17