We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romance in Naxos

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Romance in Naxos

Can anyone suggest either romantic hotels or restaurants in Naxos.

This is a special holiday for us and my Birthday is while we are awy as well, so looking for the perfect romantic holiday.

Thanks for any help.

Old Town
Neighbourhoods, Historic Sites
Ancient Ruins
Neighbourhoods, Historic Sites
St. Louis, Missouri
Level Contributor
73 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romance in Naxos

This is going to sound silly but anywhere you are in Naxos or Greece for that matter is romantic. My husband and I were there this past September and Naxos was our most favorite part of our whole 3 week trip to Greece. The most romantic day we had in Greece was when we rented a car for a day in Naxos and drove to some of the small towns in the mountains. We went to Halki and Apiranthos and just walked around. We also drove up a tall mountain just outide Halki that had a small chapel on top. We were the only ones up there and the view was amazing.

My point is that the geographical beauty of Greece and the people will make your stay a romantic one.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romance in Naxos

In no way is what you posted 'silly'...on the contrary...I thought it was beautifully put....

North Berwick...
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Romance in Naxos

Totally agree with Redturnip - just being there is enough!

Visit the villages, and if possible try dinner at Lefteris in Apeiranthos. In town, watch the sunset with a cocktail on the quayside and wander the alleyways of the Old Town to find tavernas and bars which will suit your romantic mood.

Have a great time.

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Romance in Naxos

Thanks for your advice.

I'm planning this trip to death, and maybe the best idea is to experience the place, and fall in love woth it!

Level Contributor
144 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Romance in Naxos

- Avoid places fool of tourists.

- Live you watch and your mobile phone at your room.

- Take a bottle of wine, find a beadiful spot and watch the sunset. There you go... You might experience the most romantic moments of your life.

Just go there relax and experience the place....

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Romance in Naxos

renting a car is the best way to find your own special spots on the island.

however here is a list of some beautiful hotels in the island:

www.lagosmare.gr (very romantic)

Level Contributor
17 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Romance in Naxos

Thanks for that advice,

We are booked into Lagos Mare, it's very hard to find photos or reviews of this hotel as it's so new.

So comforting to get your recommendation.

Level Contributor
31 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Romance in Naxos

Yes I agree with the above, just come back from our honeymoon in Naxos. Our most romantic day was a tour of the island stopping at Apollonia at the fish restuarants in the harbour followed by a swim in the sea, got back to the lovely Kavos Naxos in time to see the sun go down with a glass of wine at the poolside. You will love it!

9. Re: Romance in Naxos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 09:17
Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town