We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the closest ferry to the airport to get to Naxos or...

Dublin, Ireland...
5 posts
Save Topic
What is the closest ferry to the airport to get to Naxos or...

Does anyone know what is the closest ferry port to the Athens International Airport? We plan to take the ferry to either Naxos or Santorini, but we haven't determined the order.

Also (and probably more of a challenge), I have a Sunday morning 5:55am flight leaving from the Athens International Airport. I would like to stay on Santorini as late as possible, then take the ferry back to Athens (whichever port is closest), then back to the airport.

Finally, can anyone tell me how late the public transportation runs to the airport from the ferry ports, and how much it is?

Thanks!

P.S. Any suggestions for a cheap hotel with a view in Naxos?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,795 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is the closest ferry to the airport to get to Naxos or...

The closest ferry port is Rafina, however Piraeus will have the most ferries to Naxos or Santorini also there are buses all night Airport to Piraeus ~3-4 euro. Same for the reverse direction. You will have a better choice of ferries back to the mainland from Naxos.

La Rochelle
Level Contributor
1,287 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is the closest ferry to the airport to get to Naxos or...

It's best to arrive in Athens a day before your flight is due to leave so as not to risk being delayed due to choppy seas or bad weather. I'd say go to Pireaus, get a ferry to Santorini, then return from Naxos.

If your flight arrives at 5:55 am, you'll be hard pressed to get a ferry to either Naxos or Santorini that morning, as most of them leave by 7:30 am, so you may have to leave on one of the evening ferries instead (departing after 5 pm).

Oxford, England
Level Contributor
271 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What is the closest ferry to the airport to get to Naxos or...

If your flight leaves at 5.55am your best bet is the afternoon Blue Star - leaves Santorini @ 1530 and Naxos @ 1800. Arrives in Piraeus @ 2325. This gives you plenty of time to get the bus to the airport (~45mins at that time of night). Unlike the old Athens airport there are plenty of places open 24 hours for refreshment in the new airport.

Regarding a hotel with a view on Naxos - what do you want a view of? Chora or beach-based ? There is plenty of choice at www.naxos-greece.net

Dublin, Ireland...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What is the closest ferry to the airport to get to Naxos or...

I was hoping for a beach view, hopefully close to the port of Hora because we'll be arriving late. If there's anything near Alyki, that might be nice. How is Amyti as a beach, worth the trip?

Thanks for everyone's great help!

5. Re: What is the closest ferry to the airport to get to Naxos or...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 09:19
Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town