We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

naxos town or koufonissi

Skopje, Republic of...
9 posts
Save Topic
naxos town or koufonissi

we always go to skiathos and we love the island,and like somewhere with nice beaches and not too expensive like skiathos.is naxos best choice for september?should we consider to stay in koufonissi?what about food and drink price at both islands? and ferry lines from pireus to koufonissi in mid september

thanks for help

Old Town
Historic Sites, Neighbourhoods
Portara
Ancient Ruins
Kastro
Historic Sites, Neighbourhoods
new
Level Contributor
463 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: naxos town or koufonissi

For ferries check out those links:

www.openseas.gr

www.gtp.gr

UK
Level Contributor
309 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: naxos town or koufonissi

Hi

I've just replied to your other post (Koufonissi V Naxos)

After reading this post, I'm even more sure that Naxos would be the best bet for you in mid September. If you are looking for something like Skiathos you may find Koufonissi too quiet at that time of year.

On Naxos the beaches are fantastic, you can still find peace and quiet but there are a lot more options should you want a bit more to do.

I feel a bit guilty now cos we love Koufonissi but in this instance I'd choose Naxos

I hope this helps

Skopje, Republic of...
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: naxos town or koufonissi

thanks for reply. is it true that sea is bit cold in naxos?

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Chania Town, Naxos
Level Contributor
5,034 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: naxos town or koufonissi

Naxos has so much to do and see. Great beaches a lovely old town and mountain villages. Here is what it is like.

Trip around Naxos

flickr.com/photos/…

The sea will not be cold in September it has had all summer to warm up.

Edited: 23 April 2014, 23:24
Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
22,543 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: naxos town or koufonissi

For ideas of what Naxos is like also look up donnyb's blog with lots of information and great photos:

mygreecetravelblog.com/2014/…

Skopje, Republic of...
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: naxos town or koufonissi

great photos,thanks

Lindesnes...
Destination Expert
for Southern Norway, Cyclades
Level Contributor
4,786 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: naxos town or koufonissi

> is it true that sea is bit cold in Naxos? The easy answer is : No, the sea temp will in average be the same.

The top layer of the sea is always warmed by the sun and with a wind towards the beach, it will collect more top-layer water = Warmer. And with a wind away from the beach, more of the colder bottom-layer water is pressed upwards = Colder. In September you will hardly notice the difference.

Edited: 24 April 2014, 12:44
Fuerteventura
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Paros, Sifnos
Level Contributor
4,054 posts
960 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: naxos town or koufonissi

The sea can be a bit colder on the western side of Naxos when the wind blows hard and it brings some of the colder deeper water from the channel between Naxos and Paros to the surface.

This is not a problem in September though. In fact you may like it that the water is a bit cooler.

Skopje, Republic of...
9 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: naxos town or koufonissi

thanks guys,then naxos is the best option for vacation.what do you think is good to stay in agia anna? walk to plaka and agios prokopios ?

new
Level Contributor
463 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: naxos town or koufonissi

Yes, Agia Anna is a very good option, beautiful beach and great position for walking to other beaches around. Have a look at this:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189431-i1324-k714…

Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town