We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best beaches in Naxos within easy distance to town?

Which Naxos Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Best beaches in Naxos within easy distance to town?

First time in Naxos.....looking for advice on best beaches within easy distance to the town as travelling with two children age 8 and 6 and are based in the town.

Don't mind getting buses to get to them?

All help gratefully accepted, thanks in advance xx

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Mykonos
Level Contributor
7,132 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best beaches in Naxos within easy distance to town?

St George's Beach is right at Naxos Town, so walking distance from most places in the Town area.

Short bus rides away are Agia Anna beach (shallow beach popular with families, and lined with restaurants), Agios Prokopios, Maragas and Plaka.

You can view hundreds of photos of those -- and other -- beaches in my Naxos photo collection on Flickr at this link: http://tinyurl.com/NaxosPicSets

North Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best beaches in Naxos within easy distance to town?

St Georges beach, as has been said, is on your doorstep. The kids will like it but as it is mostly hard packed sand (a bit like Blackpool) it isn't really too attractive as far as I am concerned. A much better option is to take the bus to Ag Anna or beyond as far as Plaka. There is good sand all along that stretch and these days there are places to feed and water yourselves wherever you decide to end up.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,786 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best beaches in Naxos within easy distance to town?

Here is to give you an idea of St. George Beach - shallow and most recommended for families with small children.

http://tinyurl.com/cfzhgk

It is shallow, and with the hotels close to the beach it is easy to cater for the children's needs. The beach is also within easy walking distance to everywhere in town, and the area is quiet at night.

Rochdale, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best beaches in Naxos within easy distance to town?

Thanks for all your help....on countdown to holiday time!!

UK
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best beaches in Naxos within easy distance to town?

Agios Georgos shallow but not that nice, and bit of a treck from town. Bus from Naxos port is easy to catch, to Agia Anna - much nicer, very soft sand, although parts are heaving with sunbeds in high season. Quieter beach without furniture bit further along where fishing boats are. Very nice there and still good for children. Maragas beach, half way down Plaka beach has sunbeds and nice taverna and good sand.

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,786 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best beaches in Naxos within easy distance to town?

Jakka - you are posting in an old thread. We are all aware of other beaches around Naxos, but for children at the age of 8 and 6, family based in town and the need for a hotel close by St. George is the best option.

St. George is adjacent to town (10-15 mins walk to everywhere in town).

Edited: 23 July 2014, 17:19
Taunton, United...
Level Contributor
1,887 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best beaches in Naxos within easy distance to town?

"Don't mind getting buses to get to them?"

IMHO Agia Anna and Plaka are better beaches than St George's and a 10-15min journey by bus from town makes it no brainer ....but St George beach is still good for family's .....id head for the far end away from town where the sunbeds aren't as expensive......but I'd stress ....Plaka beach is like the Caribbean and St George is like Bournemoth........the Blackpool comparison did make me laugh ......the first 10 years of my life Blackpool beach was the bees knees IMO now I wouldn't be seen dead on it ;-)

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
86 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best beaches in Naxos within easy distance to town?

We spent a few days on St George's beach a month ago and thought the beach was nicer (softer drier sand) further round the bay (in front of Paradise restaurant) and shallow water so good for kids. Did not make me think of Blackpool at all :-)

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,786 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best beaches in Naxos within easy distance to town?

Paradise area

https://flic.kr/p/64S5we

10. Re: Best beaches in Naxos within easy distance to town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 July 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Naxos Town