We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer 2007 - how to get booked in Naxos, which travel agent

Which Naxos Town hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Essex, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Summer 2007 - how to get booked in Naxos, which travel agent

Hi - the only travel brochure I could find was Kosmar, that featured Naxos. We wanted to stay at Ag Anna but both the apartments we liked are fully booked for 14 nights starting July 2007. Therefore:

1) What apartments would people recommend (want something quiet and romantic for 2, near a good beach and with a few tavernas in vicinity), and

2) How do we arrange transport from UK to Naxos, and

3) Are there any other UK travel brochures we could use to book to Naxos? (We've looked through most of the usual ones - Thomson, Thomas Cook, Manos, First Choice etc)

I would be SOOOOOOOOO grateful for any advice on this! We really need a lovely Greek holiday this summer!

Oslo, Norway
Destination Expert
for Oslo, Naxos, Norway
Level Contributor
20,693 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer 2007 - how to get booked in Naxos, which travel agent

Hi Kenobi,

It looks like you are set for a package tour, but it is fully possible and, in my opinion, a much better way to book it on your own.

The first thing is a flight for Greece (Athens or possibly to Santorini). From Athens there is a daily flight for Naxos (Olympic Airways) or you can choose to go by ferry (several alternatives). From Santorini there is ferry connections (appr. 2 hours) and in July it will be fairly frequent daily.

For accomodation in Naxos, look up this site:

http://www.naxosnet.com/

or try one of the agencies on the island (they can also support you with accomodation in Athens and tickets for ferries etc):

http://www.naxossun.gr/

Hope this helps.

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer 2007 - how to get booked in Naxos, which travel agent

Hi - thanks for the information - I'm not set on a package tour (in fact in many ways I'd like the opposite!) I just wasn't sure how easy it would be to get to Naxos in a hassle free way!

Thanks very much for your suggestions, I'll look into it.

If anyone has any further advice then please let me know - I do appreciate it.

Thanks,

oldham
Level Contributor
945 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer 2007 - how to get booked in Naxos, which travel agent

You can get to naxos by flying with xl.com,excel airways.They fly from gatwick to Mykonos,Kosmar charter a small boat called the Naxos star to transfer passengers to naxos ,about 2 hour transfer plus 2hr wait at mykonos,Cost about 25 euros each,each way.Also BA have started a flight from Gatwick to Mykonos.Sunvil tour operator also does packages to Naxos ,Katerina hotel in Ag Prokopios very nice.Also in A.Pro.is small hotel no pool called Golden Bay ,lovely rooms with aircon 25 euros per night in june.also pyrgos beach Studios also very good ,no pool, about 35 euros per night.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
1,225 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer 2007 - how to get booked in Naxos, which travel agent

We also want to visit Naxos this summer or next and found Greek Sun Holidays of Sevenoaks do a programme there - www.greeksun.co.uk., might be worth looking at.

They are more expensive than a book it yourself job but take some of the hassle out it. We were going to fly to Athens and then get a connecting flight to Naxos but sometimes you have to stay overnight in Athens which we didn't want. Greek Sun fly to Santorini with Excel and then take you over to Naxos by ferry - 2 1/2 hr. journey.

Shropshire England
Level Contributor
410 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Summer 2007 - how to get booked in Naxos, which travel agent

Hi White family

You are right about often having to stay one night in Athens if flying UK to Naxos. This is because the Olympic flight leaves late morning and with aprox 3 1/2 hours from UK and 2 hours time difference and transfers you would need to leave on a verv early morning flight and hope for no delays.

To illustrate, I leave home at 9am to get to Luton for a 2.30pm flight arriving appr 8.30pm with time diff. I then get the express bus to the port, aprox 1 hour 15 min at that time, to a small hotel I know. I then pick up ferry tickets following morning for a 07.25 departure arriving at Naxos approx 12.45 (similar time to the Olympic flight but costs less).

This suits me but might not you!

Other options are package tours that fly direct to Santorini or Myconos from the UK (they can take large aircraft on longer runways there) and transfer you by boat, or independently by flight only (same flights as the packages) and arrange your own transfer and hotel/room.

Hope this helps.

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
295 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Summer 2007 - how to get booked in Naxos, which travel agent

If you book a flight with Olympic airways to Athens they throw in additional internal flights free of charge. So you could get a direct flight from Athens to Naxos. Enjoy your adventures!!

Birmingham UK
Level Contributor
295 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Summer 2007 - how to get booked in Naxos, which travel agent

If you book a flight with Olympic airways to Athens they throw in additional internal flights free of charge. So you could get a direct flight from Athens to Naxos. Enjoy your adventures!!

Oxford, England
Level Contributor
241 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Summer 2007 - how to get booked in Naxos, which travel agent

Sorry to disagree but internal OA flights are certainlt not free! You actually get a discount of approx. 30% if you've used Olympic as your carrier into Athens.

9. Re: Summer 2007 - how to get booked in Naxos, which travel agent

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 01:19