We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to leave for Athens to Rafina

Which Andros hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
How long to leave for Athens to Rafina

Hi can anyone that has doen this transfer before tell me is 3.5 - 4.0 hours ok for the transfer down to rafina harbour from athens airport touch down if you have ferry tickets in hand ?

ff not how long is recommended as a minimum?

Lake District
Level Contributor
139 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to leave for Athens to Rafina

We did the Athens airport Rafina transfer last June (to go to Andros). We got the first bus of the day (about 6am) and the journey only took about half an hour I think, certainly enough time to get the tickets in Rafina, have a leisurely coffee and catch the first ferry out at about 7:30. Don't know if it takes longer later in the day. The ferries are only first thing in the morning or late afternoon tho' I think.

Hope this helps

Brian.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,461 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to leave for Athens to Rafina

Hi

Here is a link to the Airport-Rafina bus.

http://www.firaweb.co.uk/page6s.htm

They run every 40 minutes from 6am to 9.20pm.

As you exit the arrivals terminal biulding, turn right & walk till you reach the bus ticket office. This is where the Rafina buses leave from.

The bus takes around 40-45 minutes & drops you at the port. Fare was 3.20 euros last year.

London, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long to leave for Athens to Rafina

Thanks all for the very helpful information. Trip advisor to the rescue yet again!.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,206 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How long to leave for Athens to Rafina

Hi JerseyLily,

Yes, 3½ - 4 hrs is plenty of time for transfer from airport to Rafina. Note, though, that if you prebook the ferry, you will still have to pick up tickets at the port.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How long to leave for Athens to Rafina

Rafina is only 20 kms from the airport.

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,303 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long to leave for Athens to Rafina

...and don't forget, you can buy your tickets at Pacific Travel in the airport terminal.

have fun!

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,258 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How long to leave for Athens to Rafina

the bus stop for rafina is not located as per previous post.it is outside the sofitel hotel.the bus stop mentioned earlier is for the services to athens and piraeus.have a look at the athens airport website for a map and useful info

London, United...
Level Contributor
104 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How long to leave for Athens to Rafina

Wow - you have exceeded my expectations...

I love greece too don't you ?

I have got lots of offers regarding accomodation too. So nearly set. Pity about the euro exchange rate though!

9. Re: How long to leave for Athens to Rafina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 21:18
Get answers to your questions about Andros
Recent Conversations