We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry from Gavrio to Rafina

ABU DHABI
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Ferry from Gavrio to Rafina

On the ferry schedule from Gavrio to Rafina, I can only find a ferry that arrives in Rafina at 18.30 which is too late for my flight to London at 19.05. Will the schedule for July have earlier departures from Gavrio? I can only find timetable up to May.

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,324 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry from Gavrio to Rafina

Best way to tell is this: go to http://www.openseas.gr/ and enter the equivalent dates for last year, then you can see what the level of service was like in July. Chances are you'll get similar this year.

The ferry schedules for July 2011 will probably come out some time around Easter.

stockton on tees
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry from Gavrio to Rafina

depending on which day you are travelling,there is every chance that you can get the Cyclades Fast Ferry vessel which overnights in Mykonos and runs up to Rafina via Tinos and Gavrio.It usually arrives around midday apart from friday through sunday.Please be aware of the possibility of ferries being cancelled because of strong winds,it has happened to me twice on this route so it may be prudent to travel back to the mainland the day before your flight.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ferry from Gavrio to Rafina

there are normally 2 ferries in the mornings - 10am & 10:15. or thereabouts.

plenty of time for lunch in Rafina and then bus to the airport.

ABU DHABI
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ferry from Gavrio to Rafina

Thank you all so much for replies.

w62
London
Level Contributor
835 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ferry from Gavrio to Rafina

I think we may have a problem. Our return flight leaves at 1440, but according to last years timetable there are no ferries on a Saturday (the 25th June it will be) that leave in the morning. Also there is only one ferry on the way out - the 1730 - as we arrive at 1440. We should get that one but presumably this means we may need to stay in Athens on the Friday night before we leave?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ferry from Gavrio to Rafina

if your flight leaving athens is at 14:40 then the morning ferry doesn't leave you enough time to be at the airport for check in. you will have to spend your last night on the mainland.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
2,370 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ferry from Gavrio to Rafina

A couple of years ago we took a boat from Gavrio and spent the night in Rafina before our early flight the next day. Rafina is actually a fun place to stay overnight. There are several fish tavernas and bars right at the port and even a beach. You can spend a lovely day and/or evening in Rafina the night before heading home. We stayed at the Avra Hotel, a walk from the port. Hope this helps,

Karen

w62
London
Level Contributor
835 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ferry from Gavrio to Rafina

Thank you. SInce I posted we had decided to stay in Athens the night before anyway. In fact we might even have the last two nights there. Will hopefully make the 1730 on the way over though.

9. Re: Ferry from Gavrio to Rafina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Andros
Recent Conversations