We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Public transporation vs. Car hire for Naples to Minori

Which Minori hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bunn, North Carolina
Level Contributor
39 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Public transporation vs. Car hire for Naples to Minori

Hi, We are going to Minori in mid-October. I am looking into what is the best mode of transporation from Naples to Minori in terms of convenience and cost. I read in another post that one could take a train to Salerno and then take either a bus or taxi to Minori. Does anyone know the cost of 1) taking a taxi from Naples to Minori and 2) taking a taxi from Salerno to Minori.

I see that the cost of the train ticket from Naples to Salerno will be between $11-$25/adult depending on if it is the Intercity or the Le Frecce train. What are the typical charges for children (11 & 14 years)? Also it seems that you have to take a bus from the airport to the Naples train station. Is this correct?

Thanks for your help. As we research for this trip, I'm sure that I will have plenty more questions!

Vanessa

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,704 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Public transporation vs. Car hire for Naples to Minori

Check out this site:

http://www.amalficoastairportshuttle.com/

An even cheaper solution:

1. SITA airport bus from Naples Airport direct to Salerno (daily except Sundays):

sitabus.it/sitabus/…Salerno-Capodichino.pdf

2. SITA bus from Salerno train station direct to Minori (daily, hourly service):

www.sitabus.it

sitabus.it/sitabus/…QUADROXV.pdf

Total fare for this solution: 7 + 3.60 Euros = 10.60 Euros.

OTHERWISE:

1. Alibus airport bus to Piazza Garibaldi in central Naples (3 Euros);

2. Trenitalia regionale train to Salerno (4 Euros);

3. SITA bus to Minori (3.60 Euros).

NOTE: Children between 4 and 12 pay half fare on the Trenitalia trains. Not sure about the SITA buses.

Edited: 07 August 2011, 13:37
2. Re: Public transporation vs. Car hire for Naples to Minori

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 16:18