We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minori to Ischia

Level Contributor
6 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Minori to Ischia

Hi,

We are staying in Minori this week and going to ischia on Sunday. We got a taxi from Naples airport to Minori which was convenient but expensive so we want to find out how to get to Ischia from Minori using public transport.

Any help is much appreciated!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
31,613 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minori to Ischia

Travel options.

Bus to Salerno sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5120.pdf then train to Naples www.trenitalia.com/trenitalia21.html Bus or taxi from Naples train station to ferry www.alilauro.it

Or

Bus 5120 Minori to Amalfi and change to bus sitasudtrasporti.it/public/…5070.pdf to Sorrento, having luggage, taxi down to Sorrento port for the 09.30 ferry to Ischia

Edited: 28 May 2013, 01:08
Level Contributor
6 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Minori to Ischia

Thank you for your help!

Do you know if we can buy tickets for the ferry at the port? Or is it more expensive?

I understand the hydrofoil is quicker but is this more expensive?

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Minori to Ischia

Hi!

Whilst "doable", at this time of year that would be a fairly awkward daytrip, particularly on a Sunday... or are you perhaps relocating?

[As an aside, considerably easier, usually, between mid-June and mid-September.... when a daily Alicost boat comes here from Salerno, with stops at Amalfi, Positano and Capri along the way]

If heading to Naples, the Alilauro line offers most of the hydrofoil crossings to Ischia from there, with current schedules on the most frequent route (Beverello to Ischia Porto) here...

www.alilauro.it/orari-e-tariffe…

[with a new version taking effect from June 15th!]

Note that any marked with "Feriale" don't run on Sundays... and also that they appear set to bring in their high-season prices w.e.f. June 1st?

The ferries are slightly cheaper, and usually get one much better views - and sunbathing and photo-ops... although that does add 30 minutes or more to the journey time. The Medmar and Caremar lines both run from the Porta di Massa quay, some half mile from Beverello.

In a dozen years of using the route, whether going to Naples from our home here, or in the other direction, we've always bought our tickets at the harbour on arrival...

All that said, it occurs to me now that June 2nd is an Italian public holiday, the "Festa della Repubblica Italiana"..... If a nice day, lots of Neapolitans will come over - and want to go home again around 4 or 5 PM. In case you'll be doing the same, do think about buying your ticket back whilst queued up in Naples!

With the SITA buses, do also watch out for any that don't run on Sundays or public holidays.

For some help with their timetable codes etc, try:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k56…

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

Level Contributor
6 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Minori to Ischia

Thankyou, we are staying in Ischia for 3 days so time isn't an issue.

So the cheaper ferries don't run from beverello?

Thanks for your help!

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Minori to Ischia

No - those ferries were relocated to the "Porta di Massa" quay back in February 2008 - with free shuttle buses operating between there and Beverello.

Try these two for an idea of the relative positions:

hoteleuropaischia.it/uk/…

…uni-freiburg.de/Capri10/…mappa_porto.jpg

(not sure what relevance the "bus stop" marked on that one had originally, but it's of no interest to you!)

Peter

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Minori to Ischia

If on our own vacation, we'd probably acknowledge having painted ourselves into a corner..... and use a car+driver service, so as to catch the one daily hydrofoil from Sorrento to Ischia at 09:30, and be here before 10:30.

(Alilauro were charging €21 last year, plus €2 for suitcases.)

Check for yourself, but I see no combination of Sunday buses which would work for that?

Otherwise, via Salerno.... an hour's bus ride to get there, 35 minutes or more to Naples by train, then a taxi, bus or tram to harbour, for either an hour's crossing by hydrofoil or c.90 mins by ferry.

Via Sorrento then Naples.... bus 15 mins to Amalfi, then 1 hr 40 mins to Sorrento. Train some 65 mins to Naples... again either a taxi, bus or tram to harbour, for either an hour's crossing by hydrofoil or c.90 mins by ferry.

Both routes considerably cheaper (€4.10 ashore, extra if using a taxi, plus then the sea ticket somewhere between 12 and 20 Euro) - but rather more of a pain.... especially when sharing the reduced Sunday service (and longer waits on some changes) with the public holiday crowds!

Peter

Level Contributor
6 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Minori to Ischia

Great thankyou, I think we will get a taxi then ferry from port Di massa. Do you know the website for those?

Thanks for all your help!

Level Contributor
6 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Minori to Ischia

Sorry I meant a taxi to sorrento then to ischia. I didn't know that was an option. Do you know the website to precook tickets? Or is there a timetable and we can pay when we arrive?

Thanks again

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Minori to Ischia

For whatever reason - I suspect, inability to update their new website accordingly - Alilauro aren't currently showing details for the Sorrento/Ischia/Sorrento route here...

http://www.alilauro.it/

.... but do have a read of this (for someone travelling in the other direction!)....

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187784-i779-k65…

I've only very rarely heard of anyone having success with their booking system for that route... but never, I think, of that particular hydrofoil selling out!

If you prefer, it may be possible to get "real" tickets a day or two beforehand from one of their agents - but I'd suggest phoning to find out, or getting the hotel etc to do so, before making a special journey? Over on the Amalfi Coast, they're sold by the GESCAB agency - addresses and phone nos on:

http://www.gescab.it/biglietterie.asp

Just be sure you don't "precook" them too much - nothing worse than overdone biglietti, even with a nice tomato sauce!!!

Peter

10. Re: Minori to Ischia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2014, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Minori
Recent Conversations