We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which town is best for nightlife - Forio or ischia ponte?

Which Forio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sligo
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which town is best for nightlife - Forio or ischia ponte?

Couple in our late forties planning trip to ischia beginning to mid September. Hope to book self catering accommodation, and hire a car for day or two. We like to eat dinner around eight in the evening and finish off the night by going to a bar for a few drinks. Any advise appreciated.

Chicago
Level Contributor
16 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which town is best for nightlife - Forio or ischia ponte?

I'm biased because our vacation rental is in Ischia Porto.

M9 Pub and Friends are our favorite spots to catch a drink after dinner because they are actual bars, not cafes.

Forio, however has some nice spots as well...

DH

Nice
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which town is best for nightlife - Forio or ischia ponte?

We are thinking of ischia this october and my husband thinks Forio but I fancy Ischia Porto or Ponte. Any advice? We definitely want a lovely hotel with a pool. Any advice on that too?

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,030 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which town is best for nightlife - Forio or ischia ponte?

We styed at Hotel Europa in Ischai Ponte.

It has a mineral pool. Bathrooms were good size witgh a window. every room has a balcony and overhead fan

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

Breakfast is included in the price and was good

London, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which town is best for nightlife - Forio or ischia ponte?

Have to side with Forio. Larger of the 2 ports and a very nice atmosphere. Lots of restaurants and bars open till late. Dinner is usually served late, say around 9pm, when everybody comes out. Also the sunsets off Forio and its outstanding to watch.

If you are renting your car, maybe better to locate somewhere on the hills, with a view overlooking Forio. All the towns and villages on the Island are within easy driving reach.

Was staying at the "Poggio del Sole" (Via Baiola 193, 80075 Forio, Ischia, Italy) near Forio Port. (You can search them on Trip Advisor and Google Map to get a feel for the location). They also have an excellent restaurant "La Casereccia", the food is out of this world and well worth a visit.

Also there is a very good spa (Negombo) located nearby to Forio, highly recommended by the locals.

If you are self catering just bear in mind that most of the shops are closed from about 2 to 5pm. If you need to go to the supermarket, then its best to go in the morning. There is on at the bottom end of Via Baiola towards the Forio Port end.

Hope this helps.

G

Oldham
Level Contributor
10 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which town is best for nightlife - Forio or ischia ponte?

We are just like you and going out there at the same time. We are staying within sight of the Castle Aragon and are hungry to find the nightlife, esp as "she" likes dancing a lot and knocking the gin back.

I'll keep an eye out for what replies you get.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which town is best for nightlife - Forio or ischia ponte?

Hadn't wanted to join in, as I'm perhaps biased - having often vacationed in Ischia Ponte, prior to moving there in 2003... although, other than at weddings, we've done no dancing!!

Pretty much a closed world to me, however the various bars and clubs along either Via Roma or the harbourside, at Porto, are probably the best place for that?

Peter

PS: If you haven't found it, do try the island's visitor magazine - for their most recent edition, use the first of the green "Download" buttons here:

ischianews.com/it/…2.html

September's eventually!

7. Re: Which town is best for nightlife - Forio or ischia ponte?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Forio