We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local wine and food in Ischia

London, United...
Level Contributor
126 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Local wine and food in Ischia

We are staying at the Pagoda Residence at the end of September.We al love fish pasta and pizza with beer or wine so I think we will be well catered for but can anyone give me an idea of the price of a bottle of local wine and a beer?Also a typical price for a 2 course meal in a nice restaurant?

Thanks SuzieGibbs

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Local wine and food in Ischia

Dear SuzieGibbs,

Last August we paid €39 for one 3 course and one 2 course meal with 2 cokes and a bottle of mineral water at Ischia Ponte on the other side of the Castello Aragonese bridge at a place near the pier called Da Coco`. The food was fine and the vegetables well prepared, however, according to this review in Italian the desserts are not the most impressive. We did see a local (he seemed to know the restaurant staff very well) celebrate a birthday, yet aside from the party the restaurant wasn't packed and zoo manic (maybe we ate too late at 2pm?):

ischia.it/new/…

The review states that the fish plates are the house specialty which may would be a plus when it's fresh(need to check if there are any asteriks on the menu which means that the fish is frozen). What I liked best about the restaurant was that the two men who waited on us were honest with the bill, professional, and very nice. We had stopped at the restaurant right under Castello Aragonese, however, it was a madhouse and the people running the place were cold and we were told that we could order french fries(with mayo), a salad, or reheated pizza (the restaurant only serves fresh pizzas at night).

To tell you the truth, the big specialty on Ischia is rabbit which I have not tasted (yet).

Wine shouldn't cost too much and depending on the restaurant, you could expect to pay €2-€20 a glass. A bottle of wine might cost around €3-€100. You can stop by any enocoteca/wine candy store and buy limoncello and wine to suit your tastes.

For whatever reason, the Ischiani whom we've come in contact tend to be pretty honest with the bill and we usually are happy for what we're getting for what we're paying.

Buona Fortuna...

Mentioned in this post
Castello Aragonese
Castello Aragonese
4,274 Reviews
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
Da Coco
Da Coco
642 Reviews
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
2. Re: Local wine and food in Ischia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 19:18