We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ischia solo vacation

Which Ischia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ischia solo vacation

Hi there! I am a 30-year-old woman scheduled to travel to Ischia late July for 4-5 days alone, staying at Giardino Eden. Is Ischia a good place to go alone, are folks friendly - easy to meet / talk to people? Nervous that it might be a honeymoon destination.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ischia solo vacation

Hi there!

Can't tell you from a young woman's perspective - not being either - but, for some idea of what the island's like, you might try this thread for some press write-ups from over the years...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187784-i779-k30…

Hopefully, most of the links will still work?

In July and August the visitors are mainly Italians, and most are here as entire families... often in 3 or even 4 generations - with relatively few Brits, Americans etc.

We've just celebrated our first decade on the island, and I'm sure you'll have a great time - very relaxed, and relaxing!

Perhaps have a look at the local visitor magazine... with PDFs of previous editions available for Download from...

ischianews.com/it/…2.html

.. and you can either buy a printed copy of the current one (July/August) once here, for just €1.50 - or read it online, using the link on:

ischianews.com/it/home/magazine/2232-focus-l…

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ischia solo vacation

I'm a 55 year old woman and I go to Ischia on my own for a week every year. It's an ideal place to relax and unwind in the sun with a good book. I love people watching, swimming and chilling out in the thermal parks, but there's plenty of things to keep you amused if you like walking or sightseeing. You will not feel vulnerable or out of place as a female travelling alone, but this could well turn out to be the first of many trips to this beautiful island- it has that effect on people (as Peter will confirm!)

Chelmsford, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ischia solo vacation

Thanks, this is really helpful...... as a 58 year old woman looking to have a week somewhere to get some sun that's safe, relaxing and interesting. Any suggestions on small but beautifully formed hotels also much appreciated!

Thanks

Glyn

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
226 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ischia solo vacation

My favourite hideaway is Park Hotel Miramare (main hotel, not the annexes) in Sant'Angelo. It's not cheap, but price does include free daily entrance to the Giardini Aphrodite thermal park, which is amazing. This hotel gets very mixed reviews but I have been staying there for years and can thoroughly recommend it. Sant'Angelo is not the easiest place to get to, but for me that just adds to its charm. If you would prefer to stay somewhere a bit more accessible, you might be better off in one of the larger resorts. I don't know what you like to do on holiday, but the many gardens and thermal parks on the island are lovely places to visit.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ischia solo vacation

You'll find a few accommodation suggestions / recommendations from me - mostly in the Ischia Ponte area (home not only to the lovely Giardini Eden, but also to us for a decade now!) - in this rather threadbare thread...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187785-i421-k62…

Peter

http://www.pbase.com/isolaverde

New York City
Level Contributor
17 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ischia solo vacation

Thank you!

Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
2,239 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ischia solo vacation

Hi

I'm probably too late for this topic but I've just come back from two weeks holiday at the Continental Mare. There were at least five single people at this hotel, two French women, one English woman, an Italian gentleman and an impossibly chic and attractive woman, possibly Russian, who was just too cool for the pool.

They all seemed to be having a good time and the excellent, multi-lingual and friendly staff made everyone feel at home. It's a sprawling hotel, good food, good wine with lots of steps but there is a free shuttle bus into Ischia port. It's bit of a walk into Ischia town but everywhere is perfectly safe even at night.

Eddie

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
30 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Ischia solo vacation

@ Eddie

-an impossibly chic and attractive woman, possibly Russian, who was just too cool for the pool-.

Nice description , I like watching people during holidays and I nearly can see her ;-)

have a nice day

Maria

9. Re: Ischia solo vacation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Ischia