We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days and 2 nights in Naples?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
2 days and 2 nights in Naples?

I would appreciate any comments:

We will be taking early AM train from Rome to Naples.

Want to do 1-day tour of Amalfi (still checking out best tour)

Will have that evening and the next day to either just visit Naples, or catch boat (ferry?) to Ischia

and spend my day and evenng there.

I would need to get back to Naples train station in AM and then back to Rome.

Thanks so much.

sharon

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Naples
Naples
Province of Naples, Italy
Amalfi
Amalfi
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Isola d'Ischia
Isola d'Ischia
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,437 posts
324 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days and 2 nights in Naples?

Check out Golden Tours in Sorrento. The company has good reviews on here. We have taken organised tours through a travel company we book holidays with. (Thomson) We learnt such a lot from a very knowledgeable guide. The places we visited were amazingly beautiful- Ravello in particular.

There is lots to see in Naples but Ischia is a totally beautiful island. Take the ferry from Naples. Walk to The Aragonese Castle. (It takes about half an hour or so.) Have a coffee along the way. The castle is enormous and has spectacular views from every angle. Enjoy a light lunch in a shaded courtyard.Explore some more.

We walked back to the town and had a wander around the streets and walked over to the beach. There are little cafes where you can have a coffee before catching the boat back.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Mentioned in this post
Sorrento
Sorrento
Ravello
Ravello
Amalfi Coast, Italy
Naples
Naples
Isola d'Ischia
Isola d'Ischia
Durham, United...
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
Level Contributor
3,729 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days and 2 nights in Naples?

Hi

Yes, I second that. Ischia is a great place and there are regular ferries from Naples. It's 10E to go inside the castle and loads of lovely places nearby, As you walk from the port towards the castle, along Via Roma and past the main shopping area, you will see lots of beaches along the way and most of them have little snack bars. You sit almost on the sea with great beer, wine, coffee etc for the price of peanuts, well almost. If you do go in the Aragonese Castle make sure you see the nuns cemetery, it's something else! Al Pontile is one of my favourite restaurants, reasonably priced and you can sit outside with great sea views.

There also is a good bus and ferry service to take you anywhere. My favourites are Forio, which also has William Walton's outdoor theatre and the Mortella Gardens, Lacco Ammeno and St Angelo.

I've no need to tell you that Naples has several Caravaggio's and a world famous opera house. A couple of links below.

napoliunplugged.com/caravaggio-in-naples.html

http://www.limoservicenaples.com/

Mentioned in this post
Isola d'Ischia
Isola d'Ischia
Naples
Naples
Aragonese
Aragonese
83 Reviews
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
Al Pontile
Al Pontile
1,160 Reviews
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
Forio
Forio
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,534 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days and 2 nights in Naples?

Thank you both so much. I've made up my mind. Now the search begins for a good place to spend the night on the island. Somewhere close to the ferry? or is it small and convenient enough to just take a cab to the ferry stop?

smk

ischia
Level Contributor
1,192 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days and 2 nights in Naples?

Hi, just a few steps from the ferry stop there are some good hotels such as Aragona Palace, or a few metres behind, cheaper, Hotel Conte, good enough for one night, and you will be directly in the pedestrian area. Of course, all around there are many others good hotels, just look around the harbour area... The evening you can have a walk till Ischia Ponte and have a delicious dinner there at Il Pontile or Aglio Olio e Pomodoro or Cocò, but don't miss to visit S.Angelo and if you can La Mortella Garden. To swim two choices: Maronti beach or San Montano Bay. Enjoy Ischia...

Mentioned in this post
Aragona Palace Hotel
Aragona Palace Hotel
1,660 Reviews
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
Hotel Conte
Hotel Conte
357 Reviews
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
Isola d'Ischia
Isola d'Ischia
Maronti Beach
Maronti Beach
1,694 Reviews
Isola d'Ischia, Italy
5. Re: 2 days and 2 nights in Naples?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:15