We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip to Ischia

Which Ischia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
2 posts
Save Topic
Day Trip to Ischia

We will be staying in Naples for 3 days. We would like to visit Ischia for a day. It will be my husband and I and our 3 teenagers. A tour, visit the thermal spas, shops, and nice dinner. Any recommendations?

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip to Ischia

In regard to visiting the Thermal spa see this related Thread.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187782-i162-k76…

It is not possible to visit the spa as a visitor during the day. Ischia is quite a large island and transport is either bus or taxi which takes some planning. When I went on a day trip via an organised party the highlight for me was the gardens at Mortella which are only open certain days of the week. In the Thread reference is made to Aragonese Castle which is certainly worth a visit if you can fit it in with other places. The previous Thread refered to day trips from Sorrento so there was quite a restriction on the time available since there is only one ferry each day in either direction. Coming from Naples you will have more flexibility in regard to ferries. It is a great place to visit had always hoped to return for longer.

ischia
Level Contributor
957 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip to Ischia

It's a good idea to visit Ischia for a day but ... you'll probably come back in Naples for dinner, as the last boat to Naples is at 20:15 !!!

Have a look here: www.caremar.it or www.medmargroup.it or only hydrofoils: www.alilauro.it

Of course is not right what Love2roam said that you cannot visit a spa during the day: in some spa you can pay a ticket only to visit the garden, poseidon garden spa for instance, but when you say "visit" means spending a day there having bath and sauna and so and so you just have to choose between the six or seven possibilities here...

Shopping is possible in Ischia Porto, Via Roma is a pedestrian street full of shops,cafè etc. and apart of this, the Aragonese Castle, Mortella Garden, S. Angelo and the famous "fumarole", warm sand on the beach, Sorgeto with warm water in a rocky bay and some others beautiful beaches such as Maronti and San Montano or Cartaromana are well worth a visit, so... it would be better to stay overnight or ... to think to come back soon...

Ask again if you want some more details...

Nice holidays....

Edited: 03 August 2014, 10:05
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
1,838 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip to Ischia

Put The Aragonese Castle on your list. It is the most amazing place with spectacular views and interesting history. Restaurant there too. Wonderful.

Hull, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
4 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip to Ischia

Gardenia Mare is a lovely restaurant ( see Trip Advisor Ischia Restaurants) It is very near the castle and only ten minutes from the Port by Water Taxi. We have only visited once but the taxis seemed very reliable and have a good relationship with the manager of Gardenia Mare. Gardenia Mare also hires sun beds and is in a small cove - swimming is safe and with a lovely view of the castle. This might be a possibility if you change your plans....

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trip to Ischia

I have just returned from ischia and I loved Negombo for a relaxing spa day 32 euros each n well worth it ...

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Trip to Ischia

I am not sure if a spa and a themal park are the same or not? I have taken the hydrofoil to Ischia as a day trip and then the bus to Negombo and had a relaxing day there.

Negombo

Thermal park/spa. open in the winter even at least in 2007.

www.slowphotos.com/photo/showphoto.php…

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Trip to Ischia

Google map of Ischia with some sights marked

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Trip to Ischia

Thank you for all the great information. We are planning to visit Ischia on Saturday. Should I purchase the hydrofoil tickets in advance or that morning? It looks like they do not give you the option to print the tickets so I'm not sure how I would get them before we leave our home. Please advise.

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Trip to Ischia

No real need to book in advance certainly not on-line but you could book the day before if you are in Naples then.

Ohio
Level Contributor
275 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day Trip to Ischia

We will be in Sorrento next week for 6 nights. I have wanted to see Ischia but have been reading that a day trip from Sorrento is a bit more difficult.

Do many people take the day trip from Sorrento? is the castle and maybe lunch/relaxing close to the water doable on such a trip??

Get answers to your questions about Ischia