We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Ischia

New Jersey
Level Contributor
68 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
One day in Ischia

Should we go from Capri or from Positano to Ishcia for the day? And...should we go for a day?

I'd like to experience Ischia a bit and perhaps go to the castle for the day and walk around the Port area.

Is this doable in one day? Can we get a boat early and come back late? And again from where...Capri or Positano as we will be at both places for 5 days.

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One day in Ischia

See my posting in your other Thread , Ischia is much closer to Capri and therefore the best place to make a day trip from , I do not think it would be possible as a day trip from Positano.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
68 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Ischia

Thanks so much. I will look into going from Capri.

When we arrive at the Port will we be able to walk to the Castle? Or should we take a cab?

Will we be able to get back to Capri at night ...like around 10pm? or will we have to return much earlier?

Brentwood, United...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Ischia

It is a pleasant 20 min walk to the Castle. the 16.20 is the last ferry , there are only two ferries per day !

4. Re: One day in Ischia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Ischia