We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taormina to Piazza Armerina and to Villa Romana Del Casale

Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Taormina to Piazza Armerina and to Villa Romana Del Casale

Hi I am trying to use bus to get to Villa Romana Del Casale in Sep this year. I have read many tripadviser questions and checked interbus website, but schedule for Sep is not available yet on interbus website. Just wondering if September schedule is similar or same to August schedule.

I am looking into 23rd September Tuesday schedule.

But, based on Aug time table, It seems like if I take 6:25AM bus from Taormina, I can get on the bus leaving Catania at 10:30 am getting to Piazza Armerina at 12:10pm , then I can either take shuttle bus or taxi to Villa Romana Del Casale.

Is this reliable time table? otherwise I need to looking into hire a car,which I don't really want to.

Thank you

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,732 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Taormina to Piazza Armerina and to Villa Romana Del Casale

Thanks ever so much for the updated (and correct) schedule Roberto and all the best to you!

Vagabonda

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Taormina to Piazza Armerina and to Villa Romana Del Casale

Hi, We took an 8:45am bus from Taormina (changing in Catania) and arrived in Piazza Armerina at 12:10pm. We decided to spend the night in the lovely town and the owners of the La Vople e l Uva B&B picked us up at the bus station. From there is just a couple minutes walk to where the shuttle bus picked us up for the Villa where we had enough time to see it before it closed. There was also enough daylight and time afterwards to wander the town, see the magnificent Duomo and enjoy a nice dinner, making for a most wonderful day! Other B & B owners may do the same, but if you do decide it works out for you to spend a night then I highly recommend this B&B. You can see my review and many others on the link below:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g580232-d175238…

Rose

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,732 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Taormina to Piazza Armerina and to Villa Romana Del Casale

Thank you Rose J, and I agree about spending the night in Piazza Armerina, and also the recommendation for La Volpe e l’Uva.

Although the Villa Romana del Casale is a premier attraction in Sicily, Piazza Armerina is a delightfully local and genuine town.

For those unable to spend the night in Piazza Armerina, or if public transport appears too challenging, you might consider one of the many group bus excursions from Taormina, or you could hire a driver.

Vagabonda

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Taormina to Piazza Armerina and to Villa Romana Del Casale

Hi,

Regarding the bus from Catania to Piazza Armerina run by Etna Trasporti... Does the bus leave from Stazione Centrale or is it from the large scruffy coach park on Via Archimede? And can you buy the tickets on the bus or do we have to buy them elsewhere? (We arrive in Catania late on Sunday night and we want to visit the Villa Romana on Monday morning, so don't have much time!)

Thanks.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,732 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Taormina to Piazza Armerina and to Villa Romana Del Casale

Hi SemperteFallant,

The bus departs from via Archimede - Near Railway Station (Terminal), but also stops at piazza Borsellino (Near Piazza Duomo).

It's typically better to depart from via Archimede, because the bus could be full by the time it would stop at piazza Borsellino.

And you can purchase the ticket on the bus.

Vagabonda

Edited: 22 July 2015, 16:32
Townsville...
Level Contributor
129 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Taormina to Piazza Armerina and to Villa Romana Del Casale

Hi, can anybody (probably Roberto S) confirm whether the shuttle bus schedule for 2015 is as Roberto listed above for 2014? The info I have still refers to the apparently wrong schedule. The last return bus to Catania leaves from piazza armerina at 445, so the only was I can get there and back on a day trip seems to be to leave Catania on the 630am bus. Thanks heaps

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,732 posts
Save Reply
17. Re: Taormina to Piazza Armerina and to Villa Romana Del Casale

Savit runs the seasonal shuttle service from Piazza Armerina to the Villa Romana del Casale.

The Savit website might differ from the shuttle schedule posted on the Villa Romana del Casale website, but Savit is the provider of the service.

http://www.savitautolinee.it/

www.savitautolinee.it/index.php…

www.savitautolinee.it/index.php…

www.savitautolinee.it/Orari_Villabus.pdf

Vagabonda

Townsville...
Level Contributor
129 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Taormina to Piazza Armerina and to Villa Romana Del Casale

Grazie mille Vagabonda! You have confirmed that I will need to take the 630am bus from Catania. By the way, I don't think piazza archimede is any more "scruffy" than any other bus terminal I have experienced, maybe they are paved in gold in the UK? ;-)

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
100,732 posts
Save Reply
19. Re: Taormina to Piazza Armerina and to Villa Romana Del Casale

Grazie mille Jo M!

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g580232-d793…

And piazza Archimede isn't any more "scruffy" than any other bus terminal.

https://goo.gl/FjRBRC

https://goo.gl/n5W8d9

Ciao -

Vagabonda

Edited: 28 September 2015, 01:40
Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Taormina to Piazza Armerina and to Villa Romana Del Casale

Vagabonda!! Your posts have been a great resource of information! And a tremendous help during my travels to Sicily!!! Thank you!

Now I am trying to find out if Interbus is operating on a holiday schedule on Nov.1, 2015. I am going to the Catania airport from Siracusa.

Get answers to your questions about Piazza Armerina