We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Route 365

London
10 posts
Save Topic
Bus Route 365

Can anyone tell me if the bus driver announces the stops on this bus or is there an electronic board showing the stops. We are planning to go to Greve from Florence.

Many thanks

Shane

Utrecht, The...
Level Contributor
2,946 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Route 365

I can't remember but you will know you are in Florence because the bus ends at the bus/trainstation.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,380 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Route 365

No, and I don't think I have ever come across such a system on country buses in ANY country (including the UK!): it's the sort of thing you find in cities, where there are many more stops.

Although #2 is about going to Florence, not to Greve as you asked about, the same principle applies in that direction, as regards buses that terminate there e.g. the 08:00 and 11:00 departures (http://www.acvbus.it/orari/365.pdf). For other departures, you will no doubt have noted from the timetable before boarding at what time you are supposed to arrive in Greve, which is 5 mins after Greti, so you should have a good idea when you arrive there. If you think you won't recognise it, I suggest that when you get on, you ask the driver to tell you when you get there.

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Route 365

Neither. Greve is a major stop and the driver always stops there. Some buses on this route go on to Panzano. If you think you won't recognise Greve when he stops, try to communicate to the driver that Greve is where you want to descend. Timing will also help - it's a 55 to 60 minute ride and usually arrives exactly on time.

London
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Route 365

Thank you for the help. I was looking at the 365 timetable for Saturday 26 July. Can someone confirm that there are only 2 buses from Florence to greve that morning at 8 and 11?

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,318 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus Route 365

Yes, just those two.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus Route 365

No he doesn't and the buzzer doesn't work (in our experience) so you need to prime him about the stop if you are not sure when it is, or whisper in his ear that you want the next stop. Some of the buses have LED display but not all

San Francisco...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus Route 365

Hello!! I am looking for a bus route out of Greve heading to Firenze SMN sation but I cant seem to find a bus route. Do buses run on Sundays? I am scheduled to depart Greve on June 29th and head to Rome from Firenze SMN.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

-L

Edited: 07 June 2014, 08:07
8. Re: Bus Route 365

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Greve in Chianti