We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel D'Annunzio

Which Jesolo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nantwich, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel D'Annunzio

Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently, we are booked to stay there on 21st September 2013, but cannot find any recent reviews on Hotel. Hoping have made good choice.

Manchester
Level Contributor
119 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel D'Annunzio

See you there lol

Nantwich, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel D'Annunzio

Hi Tantrabella look forward to seeing you there, we are also flying from Manchester. As it is the last week of the season hope everything hasn't shut down lol.

lancashire england
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel D'Annunzio

Hi we are going this Saturday having visited may 4th 2013 as a couple, we are going back this Saturday taking my daughters family. Lovely people with excellent English. There is a Facebook page you can ask lots of questions on. It's hotel d'annunzio & friends bar guest group! Jesolo beach, Venice . Food and rooms are basic with choices, it's a cheaper rate than many in the area and evening meal is sit down at 7 with choices of English, Italian and German. Everyone was English when we went. Some said teher rooms were small but I think most have balconies. You can sit downstairs in lounge even if not buying, no problems. Have a nice holiday.

Bolton, United...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel D'Annunzio

Hi

Just returned from Hotel D'Annunzio yesterday. The staff are fantastic, but the rooms are small and the shower is extremely small - we had to keep opening and shutting the door to get shower gel etc as there was no shelf inside the shower. We had a room on the front (room number 2); this had an extra bedroom with a single bed and the main room had two single beds with a door to the small bathroom off this room. You can pay for air conditioning at (I think) 6.5 euros per day (we didn't, but in my opinion you need the air conditioning as when we were there temperatures reached 33 degrees). Room number 2 has a large balcony, but only two chairs and no table. Also when we there it was very noisy from bars etc on the street - music sometimes going on until 3.30am and the weekend is even noisier and seems to start on Thursday). There are no facilities to make your own tea/coffee in your room.

Please make sure you take GOOD mosquito and midge repellant with you as when we were there we were bitten (even though we had repellant!!!!)- there appears to be other smaller midges that also bite - take repellant, gel to put on after the bite and antihistamine tablets as well. Wear long sleeved clothing.

The food at the hotel is good, but I wouldn't recommend the 'steak' on the ordinary English menu or the grilled chicken. The daily special menu was good, with a choice of Italian dishes. Your evening meal is at 7pm and there are three courses. The food was always hot and you can ask for chips, sald or veg as extras, but at no extra cost. There is an additional charge for drinks - they are not included with dinner. You also have the option to have a lunch instead of a dinner. The breakfast is basic, with both English and German choices (full English is an extra cost as is fillet steak). I would take your own tea bags and coffee with you as the tea didn't taste like tea and the coffee didn't taste like coffee, however the latte on the bar menu is good.

We went with Thomas Cook. We went on a day trip that included visiting two of the islands and Venice. We also took the options of a Gondola ride and a motor boat trip. Venice is lovely, but on this trip you don't get the chance to visit inside the Basilica or other attractions - to have time to do this you would need at least a week in Venice, but the trip gives you a good introductory visit to Venice. The trip including everything mentioned came to approx £100 each. You could also take the option of a meal at an additional 13 euros. In my opinion you could arrange everything yourself for far less money, but I would plan this before you go. The rep was extremely good and knowledgeable. I will return to Venice, but spend at least 4 days there - it's wonderful and although I had been told that it smelt, I didn't find that it did. Venice is like you have gone back in time.

If you can get up in time - walk the short 2 minutes to the beach and watch the sun come up. It's lovely and quiet, with nobody at all on the what appears like a sea of umbrellas and deck chairs.

There is also a small train (runs at about 5/10mph) that runs in front of the hotels (this road is closed to main traffic at 8pm). I would ask your rep about the train as it is quite confusing as to where you can get on and off the train. We finished up on four different trains and didn't get to the end (not lighthouse side). The cost seemed to vary between 3 Euros and 5 Euros per trip (each) between Piazas.

The Friends Bar area (part of the Hotel) is nice, but it's hard to find a quiet area away from music.

I didn't go in the pool, but it looked clean, although the sun beds looked slightly too close together.

All in all we had a lovely time, but glad to get home away from the mosquitos and noisy bars.

Enjoy your holiday - if you're looking for a good tan - you should get one.

Nantwich, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel D'Annunzio

Hopefully when we go in September the midges will have had their fill (ha ha). It only reaches low 20c;s then.

Thank you for your comments on the hotel etc we found it very interesting, am going to take my kettle as well as teabags and coffee. Bit disappointed about the room and shower being so small but we are only there for a week. Thank you once again for taking the time to write.

6. Re: Hotel D'Annunzio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 07:18